The Student Room Group

The Persian Society (UKL Iranian Society)

Welcome to the Persian Society!

This society is for all Persians/Iranians and all others who are interested in meeting and talking to Persians on TSR, in which you can also become a member of the society! Personally I think that it will be good to see how many Persians/Iranians there are on TSR and for many others to learn more about our beloved country Iran :smile:

There is now a Persian Society within the TSR societies list that you can join up to.

To join this society please click here

Persian Society Members list (the original members)

Hobnob
Democracy
petzneo
mkchelsea
Nimz
Revolutionary_Guard
piece_by_piece
EMZED
farhan
hamednhg
sep
dream123
Nilz
pirican
sak-y
HeRaT
Sabzi
daryush
King of TSR
persian.royalty
Yasmin2K8
daruishraz
Bornstubborn
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
QuantumTheory
Cyrus The Great
Haft_Hasht_Shish
iamdivoneh
nooshie
*Persian_Princess*
Yuuki
prince of persia
Daisuke
sonic23
Sam4God
YAZAR0786
bigmo7
Ben93
epic_scale
MxSk
Naazy Joon
nana123
persian_qt
reggaeinyourjeggae

The leaders of the society are now Democracy and billet-doux. If you wish to contact them regarding any society or non-society issue, please click on their usernames.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't think you'll help Coursework.info! sent it off, so I'll just have to wait and see!
Reply 2
I have two Persian cats - does that count?:wink:
Reply 3
Of course, but this society when they let it become one, is more about learning about other Persians whether you yourself are one or not, if you want to learn more about Iran and Persian culture yes. so Persian cats do help!
Reply 4
Hello, I'm persian and all, well I was born in London, but family is originally from Iran. Where abouts are your family from (in Iran)?
Reply 5
petzneo
Of course, but this society when they let it become one, is more about learning about other Persians whether you yourself are one or not, if you want to learn more about Iran and Persian culture yes. so Persian cats do help!

I was only joking there, actually.:wink: As a matter of fact, I'm half Persian, but I'm not a muslim, I don't speak any Farsi, I've never been to Iran and my knowledge of Persian history is rather patchy. So not very Persian at all, really...
Reply 6
Well, no worries I think we can update some of that knowledge! God, i am soo gullible, that is embarassing. Well my parents grew up in a city near esfahan called Shahin Shahr. But my mum is Lor and my dad is khuzestani. I was born in N.Ireland tho! Very Random really. Has anyone visited Iran recently?
Reply 7
I can only speak farsi (persian), use to be able to read and write but I forgot as i got older! i have been to Iran for the past 3 years, and I actually have a lot of fun. Its so amazing as its completely different environment to the UK. What about iranian food?? I think I am having Ash tomorrow! What abot you?

To those that don't know what Ash is its a a very traditional soup with lots of herbs, thin noodles and different types of beans. And of course very tasty! But I guess that alot of people know about Persian from kebabs, we are the best at making them!
Reply 8
Yeah I had Aash a few days ago cause I'm ill atm, should be having some sort of Khoresht tonight, but don't know which yet :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Democracy
Oh and my mum is from Tehran, and my dad is from Mashad.

Heh.:biggrin: My grandfather is (well, was, really) from Tehran and my grandmother is originally from Mashad. Well, they're big enough cities for that to be a fairly common thing, I suppose...
Reply 10
HEYY WASUPP PETZNEO see told u i would post something, :p: .damn all this talk about ASH is making me hungry
Reply 11
HEY, Nimz, so what part of Iran are you from? Btw, i had kebab and rice, it was well tasty. Are there any particular Persian restaurant that you guys like to go to?
petzneo
Are there any particular Persian restaurant that you guys like to go to?

Mostly the ones in London. There's a nice one in Barnet called Pamchal and of course in Kensington there are bare Persian shops and restaurants but my favourite one would have to be Apadana on Kensington High Street...best place ever :biggrin:
Reply 13
petzneo
HEY, Nimz, so what part of Iran are you from? Btw, i had kebab and rice, it was well tasty. Are there any particular Persian restaurant that you guys like to go to?

I know of a great Persian restaurant somewhere in Germany, if that counts. Among a bunch of other nice stuff, they serve the best ice cream I've ever eaten.:biggrin:
I think my name is Persian?
Reply 15
I believe it is. Are you from Iran???
Reply 16
come on people has everyone forgotten about the most famous Persian restaurant BEHESHT LOOL, emm my family tree is kinda boring coz most of us are from Tehran but i was born here.
Reply 17
True, I love Behesht! Well, now that a number of people have joined I think i'll start with a discussion. So heres my question:

What special charcteristics have Persians and Iranians got that basically make us, us?

This can be your family, behaviour, looks, accent, anything really....

I'll go first!

1) We are addicted to tea, i think that my parents have tea at least 5 times a day!!
Hmmm I've never been to this behesht, whereabouts in london is it, and does it live up to its name? =P

Erm well I've noticed the Persian people (sorry "we") are resilient to invaders trying to change our traditions. Like after the 1979 revolution when those bastard mullahs tried to scrap the celebrations for eid nowruz, but the people went out on the streets and demonstrated.

On a less serious note, we all think it's really important to become dentists or doctors :s-smilie:
Haha, i agree democracy.
My iranian friend was telling me that she wants to be a lawyer, but her parents were like, 'NO, YOU HAVE TO BE A DOCTOR!'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending