The Student Room Group
Have you considered Middlesex? The university is not too good, but I'm reliably informed (by someone involved in its admissions process) that its courses in this field are good.
I have been told many negative things about LIPA but Liverpool is amazing. Know people who have been there for the 1 year course and loved it.
Reply 3
Im not an expert on the performing arts subject, however my cousin went to LIPA a few years ago for performing arts and absolutely loved it as did others on the course i knew through her. The only problem is the city (it can be a tad boring at times) but i guess i feel that way because i live here.
Reply 4
have you looked at Glamorgan? ranked Excellent - brand new multi million pound campus dedicated to the arts - the drama degree is very performance based apparently. If its performance youre after have a look at the foundation degree in bournemouth - its run like a mini drama school and has an amazing reputation.

good luck with your applications

p.s. I agree lipa is supposedly the best out of those.x
Thanks guys.
My application's being sent off today, I chose the 4 in the list and Roehampton yay.
I think I'd prob make up my mind about LIPA if I got an audition, but I've looked round Liverpool and I think I'd like it there. It's just soooo hard to get in to :frown:

I'll post if I get any offers and stuff :smile:
Reply 6
happydinosaur
I have been told many negative things about LIPA

Oh.. i was thinking about applying to LIPA. What negative things have you heard?
s+lky
Oh.. i was thinking about applying to LIPA. What negative things have you heard?

Just negative things about the worthyness of some of the courses. All depends on what you want from your time there really though and where you want to end up. What is right for one won't be right for others. I may have heard negative stories but also of great experiences. Plus it has the bonus of being in Liverpool which is an amazing city despite its reputation.
Reply 8
Have you considered Bath Spa?? My flatmate is doin it...seems to be very intense and hard, she's got a 9-6 day at uni 5 days a week. I dont know a lot about it...but She came from Hong Kong (er...she is british though)and it was her first choice...supposed to be one of the best courses...

oh sorry just saw that you've sent ya application off....

hopefully ya get in a great uni/course ya like!! *fingers crossed*
whatever...
Have you considered Bath Spa?? My flatmate is doin it...seems to be very intense and hard, she's got a 9-6 day at uni 5 days a week. I dont know a lot about it...but She came from Hong Kong (er...she is british though)and it was her first choice...supposed to be one of the best courses...

oh sorry just saw that you've sent ya application off....

hopefully ya get in a great uni/course ya like!! *fingers crossed*

Thanks

I live about 20mins away from Bath! I purposely didn't look at any of the courses there because I wanted a whole new scene change, I go there quite a alot for shopping at weekends :smile:
makes sense...sorry i didnt have a look at your location bit lol sorry...though i may wouldnt have known anyway... :redface: sorry

Latest