The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
why couldn't you apply to Cardiff sunspoon? Do they have a ukcat cut off point or something?

i still havent got this email.
Reply 21
I think you get the email when unis start looking at your score cause I havent heard anything from my unis that look at UKCAT but those you have received this email have gotten interviews.
Reply 22
Yep, just got the email. I am rather annoyed :frown: Glad that I only need UKCAT for one uni though.

Do tell if you manage to get a refund of some sort!
Debate about which doctors are best somewhere else - start a new thread.

I honestly can't believe they haver scrapped it; the whole thing was designed to keep people in jobs and earn money.

The whole personality thing (their not using it this year) is a complete joke!
How can a computer made a judgement as whether I will be good in my field?

These things can be played like a game.
U seem to have a few nationality issues yourself anyway...seeing as ur name is R...ur username is "davidjones" and u have a middle eastern flag lol...

I will not mind my language you stupid little boy. I have no nationality issues, even tough I have 3 passports including one in this country. I am proud with where I come from and would like to remain anomoyous to preaching eyes when online.

how the whole industry seems to be ran, many decent doctors do not reach potential..

Only the best will make doctors. Best is not always academic. Admin tutors are highly experienced and are able to tell whether you'll make a decent doctor. Its costs 250k to train one, therefore there needs to be a complicated and testing entry process to ensure your up for the job. If you don't like the entry process then a) dont apply or b)leave this country and apply elsewhere

Every doctor I happen to see who is an authority,professor, top consultant these days is an overseas graduate..

Clearly you need to open your scopes up a bit and look at the bigger pictures. There are thousands upon thousands of high respected consultants who are British and white. Even many of the foreigners were trained in the UK as there is plenty of mixed race in med school.

Back to topic.

Guys write an email to them demanding a full refund. Explain you paid £75 for a proper and accurate exam on 5 sections but it seems that they are inaccurate and no longer used. The service didn't meet your expectation. Maybe get someone from the law section to see if we have a case. £75 for that ridiculous exam and now this.!
Word of advice, just ignore Kirsstassen. He's a narrow minded person who won't reason with sense. See the "FUMING... Rejection Thread!" for details.
Reply 26
I'm so annoyed right now. I spent a great deal of time working for the AR section as I was weak in it. I got the highest in that section. Now my average has gone down. Man, My application wasn't going that well anyway, but this is just irritating
Will the unis know this already? Because it doesnt make sense to me.
Reply 28
Same mkchelsea. ****s sake all that money on that test itself, the book, some people bought all the extra stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if medical schools made a deal with a few companies as it is a great moneymaking scheme for all us worried, paranoid prefreshers willing to do "whatever it takes."
Reply 29
Miss_Scarlett
Is it worth asking them? Because apparently this is the only reason I was rejected :confused: help!!!

If that's the reason they gave, then I think it's well worth phoning them up to see if your new average can overturn that decision. It may not, but then the only way to know for sure is to ask them.
Reply 30
Brings my average up by 7 points lol. Couldn't they have scraped VR instead-that would bring my average up to 700 lol.

I'm glad though. Many people randomly got 900 on AR.
im jus dont get this!! Abstract reasoning was my best section. from the e-mail it sounds like they have just informed the unis.. does that mean those who havent had any interviews yet are now at a disadvantage because of lowered averages? some one enlighten me please..
Reply 32
It makes it confusing for people as well now. Many Unis have given out offers and interviews, probably taking the UKCAT result into account. But will they now do this. If I was working in the admissions office of a Uni, I would doubt the validity of the UKCAT now. So what next?

Man, I may be making too much of this, and I'm sorry lol :biggrin:, but these small things got blown out of proportion in my mind. The psychological effect that being a med applicant has on you, lol.
Reply 33
Abhinav2901
im jus dont get this!! Abstract reasoning was my best section. from the e-mail it sounds like they have just informed the unis.. does that mean those who havent had any interviews yet are now at a disadvantage because of lowered averages?

No, they won't be at a disadvantage...that's why they informed the universities about this, so that they can take that into account.
Reply 34
Test - £60
UKCAT book - £15
Pointless worry - priceless :rolleyes:

It averages out at £20 per section (or more if you paid £75) - such a rip off :frown:
Reply 35
krisstassen
Surely if that is the accuracy of this UKCAT, that they have only just realised this...then how valid is everything else?....

I got the feeling after this test that it was just a nice little money earner for Pearson Vue...

Still bitter after your rejection ey? Move on...
This is so ridiculous, I can't believe they can have made such an absolute cock up of a national test that medical schools place so much importance on. It only changes my average by 3 points or something but I really do think we should all be entitled to at least a partial refund.
Reply 37
arpeggio
Test - £60
UKCAT book - £15

It averages out at £20 per section (or more if you paid £75) - such a rip off :frown:

Sorry, I know that wasn't a haha joke but I did actually laugh at the mastercard reference.
ssk2
Still bitter after your rejection ey? Move on...

Well said :biggrin:
Reply 39
arpeggio
Test - £60
UKCAT book - £15

True, then again, 75 quid and a heart attack later, it looks like you managed to get an offer - not too bad eh?

Remind me, which sections are now totally defunct? And who wants to volunteer to sell the big medical schools scam headline to the mail?

Latest

Trending

Trending