The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
umm..thanx for the gillick post it helpd a lot...could someone tell me what else would be worth reading please?because i could do with some help
Reply 21
Fahaz
k..well what exactly are you supposed to say..yes i will give her the prescription because shes better off being protected or No, "try to talk her out of it..."
boyfriend being 28, what does that have to do with it anyway..???

Well think about it - the relationship between a 28 year old sleeping with a 14 year old and two 14 year olds sleeping together are going to be massively different. Is there an issue of abuse or power imbalance etc? All sorts of things to think about.
Reply 22
Helenia
Well think about it - the relationship between a 28 year old sleeping with a 14 year old and two 14 year olds sleeping together are going to be massively different. Is there an issue of abuse or power imbalance etc? All sorts of things to think about.

This is quite mean, then again, if he can't be arsed to read things like Gillick and Fraser et al (which are not exactly difficult to come across anyway, regardless of hints) telling them to get a thought of their own is probably going to be sadly ineffective.
Reply 23
Wangers
This is quite mean, then again, if he can't be arsed to read things like Gillick and Fraser et al (which are not exactly difficult to come across anyway, regardless of hints) telling them to get a thought of their own is probably going to be sadly ineffective.

I doubt they'll have been expected to hear about Gillick, but to be able to see the difference between the two situations and have some idea of the legal and ethical issues surrounding the case isn't too much to ask, I'd have thought?
Reply 24
Helenia
I doubt they'll have been expected to hear about Gillick, but to be able to see the difference between the two situations and have some idea of the legal and ethical issues surrounding the case isn't too much to ask, I'd have thought?

Yes, I completly agree, I was just pointing out that (abeit not very clearly) from that post (see below); granted reading medico-legal authorities is a bit rich, but they've clearly not engaged brain at all.

Fahaz
k..well what exactly are you supposed to say..yes i will give her the prescription because shes better off being protected or No, "try to talk her out of it..."
boyfriend being 28, what does that have to do with it anyway..???

Inferred from the fact that had the poster had a decent point to make, they diddn't have to expouse this drivel. It probably was a bit of a harsh rebuttal, but this kind of stuff borders on the useless kind of inane comment that loses you the offer at an interview.
Reply 25
alright alright give me a break..what meant to ask is how to respond to that question..but forget it now
Reply 26
Fahaz
alright alright give me a break..what meant to ask is how to respond to that question..but forget it now

With that sort of question, the key thing is to realise that there isn't a "right" answer. The thing to do is think aloud, have cogent sensible ideas and be able to back them up. Doesn't matter whether you actually would give her the pill or not, as long as you can defend your argument.

(Though for the record, I would, but not without some serious discussion with her)
The first question 'consumerism' came to mind.
wutang
Thanks malaz, you think thats funny you shoulda heard the clangers i dropped in the Kings Interview. First question was "so if i came to Manchester where would you take me?" I replied with "...well theres obv less to see in Manc as its smaller than London..."
She interupted with "OH so theres no point going to Manchester! Haha*weird laugh*Haha" er.... "Yeah there is a point, for one you can actually survive the day on less than a hundred quid, also theres been a lot of regeneration. blah blah Commonwealth Games in 2002, Trafford Centre, New Hilton Hotel..." So here I am yet again in another awkward situation where I have just said I would take my female interviewer to the Hilton Hotel, hmm another awkward silence! They mustv'e seen the funny side because I got an offer in the end!

Holy.... that made me laugh so hard! That's amazing, though! and congratulations for the offer

Latest

Trending

Trending