The Student Room Group

How easy/hard is this?

Hi, I'm applying to Uni for 08 entry and have offers below (see signature). I just wanted to know how hard it is to transfer from a BEng to and MEng (both mechanical) at somewhere like Liverpool. Has anyone here done it? Also, I'd be very grateful if anyone would give me some advice on which Uni I should choose... I like Cardiff and Liverpool a lot and haven't visited Durham or Notts yet. Wasn't too keen on Lough' to be honest though.

Any comments or anything would be very much appreciated. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
It should be fairly straight forward...your first 2 years are generally the same and provided that you're meeting a minimum standard (usually a 2:1) then you will be given the option to switch up to an MEng or stay on the BEng. Either that or you'll just have to chase up the department during your 2nd year and request to switch over.
Reply 2
As already said, it should be fairly easy. For Mech just make sure your good at maths :P lol
Reply 3
Thanks for both replies. My best subject is maths so I hope the exams are based that way!

Nikuhiru
It should be fairly straight forward...your first 2 years are generally the same and provided that you're meeting a minimum standard (usually a 2:1) then you will be given the option to switch up to an MEng or stay on the BEng. Either that or you'll just have to chase up the department during your 2nd year and request to switch over.

Minimum at Liverpool is 55%. Do you know what this relates to in terms of degree classes (2-1, 2-2 etc..)? Thanks.:tsr2:
It is half way up the 2.2 grade. Quite a low requirement really.
Reply 5
Cool, thanks Good bloke! That does seem a bit low... :smile:
I know some of the percentages needed for some other unis too. Would you care to conjour a quick chart relating percentages to class levels?
That is the same everywhere:

70%+ First
60%+ 2.1
50%+ 2.2
40%+ 3rd
Reply 7
Cheers.

Latest