The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Lidka
I'll probably be squabbling with Duck and Cover by the time dessert comes...

That's a rather hopeful estimation. Let's get the main served first...

P.S. Newnham/Clare formal next term?

Lidka
Right then, the pool! Who's good at swimming? :biggrin:

I'm not :eek:
yay i am, but only when there's water involved....
Reply 83
Lidka
Right then, the pool! Who's good at swimming?

That is what is commonly known as "cruelty", you hard-hearted harridan.
Reply 84
epitome
That's a rather hopeful estimation. Let's get the main served first...

P.S. Newnham/Clare formal next term?

:aetsch: to you.

Clare! :biggrin: You haven't been round to see me yet! I keep having to make the huuuuge trek all the way across the Sidgwick site-with-no-e to see you... And do bring the girls. :smile:

Ahem. So, pooling...

city_chic
I'm not :eek:

How about a life-jacket... ? :biggrin: Hm, I may be stretching this metaphor a bit, not sure what a life-jacket would consistute in this sense. :hmmmm:

epitome
That is what is commonly known as "cruelty", you hard-hearted harridan.

I was just asking! :angel: Alright then guys, don't worry, you are all statistically unlikely to be pooled so don't worry about it. You will all be fine - relax, stop thinking about it, and go play with your Christmas presents. :smile:

Better?
Reply 85
excellent_em
yay i am, but only when there's water involved....

How about the tears of laughter in an Admissions Tutor's eyes?
Reply 86
How about the tears of laughter in an Admissions Tutor's eyes?

*laughs in disbelief*
Guys, enough already! Eeeeeevil, that's what you both are. Eeeevil!
Lidka
Ahem. So, pooling...

How about a life-jacket... ? :biggrin: Hm, I may be stretching this metaphor a bit, not sure what a life-jacket would consistute in this sense. :hmmmm:

I was just asking! :angel: Alright then guys, don't worry, you are all statistically unlikely to be pooled so don't worry about it. You will all be fine - relax, stop thinking about it, and go play with your Christmas presents. :smile:

Better?

Hm, what would it be? Ah, let's just face it; if I'm pooled then I'm screwed :biggrin:

I severely doubt I'll be getting an outright offer, so it's either an outright rejection, or the dreaded pool... hm, fun fun fun.

Ah, if only I was 10 again and had presents that I could actually play with :rolleyes:
Reply 88
Lidka
Clare! You haven't been round to see me yet! I keep having to make the huuuuge trek all the way across the Sidgwick site-with-no-e to see you... And do bring the girls.

Okay, done.
Though your "do bring the girls" comment makes you sound like a lecherous old man.
Reply 89
epitome
*laughs in disbelief*
Guys, enough already! Eeeeeevil, that's what you both are. Eeeevil!

Okay, done.
Though your "do bring the girls" comment makes you sound like a lecherous old man.

Aw, come on, even applicants have senses of humour too... right? :frown:

I assert that that second statement is in your mind, and your mind only. I couldn't face spelling their names, to be honest - damn these international students! :p:

city_chic
Hm, what would it be? Ah, let's just face it; if I'm pooled then I'm screwed :biggrin:

I severely doubt I'll be getting an outright offer, so it's either an outright rejection, or the dreaded pool... hm, fun fun fun.

Ah, if only I was 10 again and had presents that I could actually play with :rolleyes:

You mean you didn't ask Santa for fun presents? :eek: They make Christmas and waiting for scary letters so much better. ;yes; Though admittedly this year I requested a water filter (for horrible Cambridge water), a book chair (for the crap desks), and a washing hanger thing (to stop my washing igniting itself on my radiators). As you can see, Cambridge life really is not that glamorous... dash those illusions now! :p:

Seriously, I know it's stressful, waiting. I was on edge this time last year, despite epitome's laudable attempts to calm me down. But it's all out of your hands, so don't fret about it unecessarily - even stay away from TSR. Radical suggestion, I know. :p:
Reply 90
At least you can study in your room, my room isn't big enough. I literally cannot sit at my desk because I can't pull the chair out, the bed is in the way. Have to go to the library. And the water's fine in my college, I had a filter all term and didn't use it once.
Reply 91
Lidka
I assert that that second statement is in your mind, and your mind only.

Sadly I did have a mental image of you [well not you, but someone] in a smoking jacket.. with a pipe...
Reply 92
At least you can study in your room, my room isn't big enough. I literally cannot sit at my desk because I can't pull the chair out, the bed is in the way. Have to go to the library. And the water's fine in my college, I had a filter all term and didn't use it once.

Well, Clare accommodation is obscenely huge for first years. :redface: I visited a friend of mine (also a fresher) at Fitz, at the beginning of term, and his room, like yours, was TINY. He's a tall lad and wasn't too happy! I wouldn't mind the water, except it makes tea taste horrible. And I need a decent cuppa in the morning. :p:

mwiko
Sadly I did have a mental image of you [well not you, but someone] in a smoking jacket.. with a pipe...

I am not remotely like that in any way whatsoever. My clothes come from Oxfam or the petite section of M&S and I can't stand smoke. :p: I also evidently have a very clean mind compared to you lot. :p:
Reply 93
Lidka
Well, Clare accommodation is obscenely huge for first years. :redface: I visited a friend of mine (also a fresher) at Fitz, at the beginning of term, and his room, like yours, was TINY. He's a tall lad and wasn't too happy! I wouldn't mind the water, except it makes tea taste horrible. And I need a decent cuppa in the morning. :p:

He's not blonde and with a Scottish-sounding first name perchance?
Reply 94
He's not blonde and with a Scottish-sounding first name perchance?

Er, no - he's very Jewish and very gay. I know nobody of that description!
Reply 95
Oooh, never met the guy but fairly sure I've seen him. Does he live on the middle floor?
Reply 96
Oh and I went for the blonde guy because you said he was tall with a small room. There are only two blocks with tiny rooms and I just picked the tallest guy who lives in them. :p:
Reply 97
Oh and I went for the blonde guy because you said he was tall with a small room. There are only two blocks with tiny rooms and I just picked the tallest guy who lives in them. :p:

Can't remember if it's the middle floor, but it's definitely not the ground one! :p: And that's a logical reason to pick a guy as any, I suppose!
I love the fact that Clare's rooms (well, the one I stayed in anyway) have sinks inside the wardrobes :biggrin: :p:
Reply 99
They aren't all like that. The one I had just had a sink in the room itself.

And Lidka, I think I live on the floor above that guy. Are his initials JT?

Latest

Trending

Trending