The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
depends on your course!
if your applying for economics. then Nottingham is the place to be. it's department is even slightly better than Oxford's economics department....

if your into medcine, architecture...Nottingham's also the place....
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Green_girl
Hey:smile: i'm now choosing my firm and insurance choices and I cant decide which one to pick as a firm choice:smile: could u help me, plz? :confused:

How can people credibly advise you when you have given no details of yourself, the course and what your ambitions, grades, and predictions are?
Reply 3
Jibzy
depends on your course!
if your applying for economics. then Nottingham is the place to be. it's department is even slightly better than Oxford's economics department....

that's probably got something to do with the fact that oxford doesn't do a straight economics course. anyway, nottingham has a much better reputation than royal holloway, if reputation is ur thing.
Reply 4
For History I would go for RHUL.
Reply 5
what course are you going for?
Reply 6
for what course are you going? heard eco was infact ranked higher in notts than in oxford... te uni is pretty good at business subjects as well... the law dept. is good as well....medical and pharmacy is realy great... being biasedto a greater exten as i am a student from notts would recommend notts over royal holloway.
Reply 7
soz, I forgot to mention that Im applying for course in Economics. My grades are excellent-Im not from UK. I think Im goin to UCAS Visit days to both unis but I wanna to ask 4 others opinions. thnx for replies.
For economics I would choose Nottingham. Holloway is known for its History, English, Music and Drama faculties.
Reply 9
Jibzy

if your into medcine, architecture...Nottingham's also the place....

obviously; Royal Holloway doesn't even do these courses..:rolleyes:
Reply 10
I c that Notts is significant leader among those who replied:wink:
Reply 11
yup.
see u there. whereelse did u apply btw??
Nottingham's gonna be my first choice....
Reply 12
mine too if I get rejected by bristol ucl and warwick, which will most probably happen anyway :smile:
Reply 13
see u there mate....u coming for the open day???
Reply 14
I'm not sure but I probably will :d
Reply 15
What day are you going?
Reply 16
Seems that the vote is pretty unanimous that Nottingham is best for economics but you also need to consider what sort of university you would feel happier in. Personally I would still choose Nottingham as, for me, it has a lot more going for it as a city university with great local facilities. I didn't like Egham but if you like somewhere quiet in beautiful countryside you may prefer Egham, its a personal choice in the end.
Reply 17
Whats egham?
Reply 18
v2006
Whats egham?

The town RHUL is closest to.
Reply 19
v2006
Whats egham?

It is the town where Royal Holloway is, its a small town and Royal Holloway is on the edge of the town up a big hill if I remember rightly. I think the nearest big town is Windsor, someone else will probably be able to let us know if its somewhere else.

Latest

Trending

Trending