The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, has anyone here got a D/E on a unit in January, chose not to re-sit it and done well on the other units for that subject in June so they've done grand overall even though they had a c*ap result in one unit?
Reply 561
week after nxt, 21st
Reply 562
nooo its on the 21st...grrr unit 4 is harddd...damn how am i ever gonna remember all those calculations
Reply 563
jus-mi
nooo its on the 21st...grrr unit 4 is harddd...damn how am i ever gonna remember all those calculations

Thank god for that ;grin;

Gives me all week after my computing exams to prepare :ninja:
Reply 564
21st. and ive been so focussed on two and three that ive done nothing! for four.

but i think the other two went okay so the hard work paid off. its a unit four retake in june for me though. xx
Reply 565
my teacher has prepared me by saying Unit 4 is the hardest exam at A2, and pretty much like working at a uni level. hmm
Reply 566
lool your teacher is funny lol
Reply 567
lol. ah well its better than being told wot i was told for ICT AS "computers are like mars bars", ummmm ok that helps.
Unit 4 is the hardest IMO, but I found that people in my year struggled a lot more with Unit 5, the 40 mark essay questions. I would try not to worry, give it your all, if not then it can be sat in June, by which time you will know the unit back to front.
Reply 569
but my exams inclu unit 4 and 5....on the 21st...because i have coursework this year
im doing unit 5 on da 21st gotta revise
Reply 571
im doing c/w and then doing 4/5/6 exams in june so i got aaaaaaages.
bet i wont learn any till the night before though. oh well, seems to work well for me haha xx
Reply 572
40 mark essay questions :eek:

Oh noes. I fux0red.
does anyone have any past papers for unit 4? or a mock paper just so i know how many questions to expect and how many marks etc. please post, thanks in advance
Reply 574
lol yeah i know, i say it was easy, but AS mark boundaries are higher im guessing so will end up with a B/C most likely if im lucky :P... didn't mean to cause conflict guys :smile:
Reply 575
Tensa Zangetsu
what did u guys write to question 4 in unit 2 bout sara external recruitment i completetly got writers block; and the stupid uk/eu law question on unit 3 what the hell was dat-was dat even in the apt book-

eniway does en1body know how much it costs to resit a paper in summer seeing as i fink i flopped the unit 3 paper (dammit so looking forward 2 burning the book-no more revision (YYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS) o crap-4got i got computing on monday- eniway thanks to all u guys u really helped me wid da revision an stiff definitely gunna get bak here in summer exams c u guys till then-

I just wrote something about avoiding high training costs and that it could have been a possible contingency plan, should they not be able to meet demand :s-smilie:
Reply 576
Ok the questions for each Unit were:
Unit 2:
1) Outiline two benefits that might have resulted from the use of job enrichment in Props and Scenery factory at Hessle. (6 marks)
2)Analyse two possible reasons why TQM was introduce in the Hessle factory instead of the quality control methods that were used at Hull.
3)To what extend do you think that the production methods at Hessle factory should become more capital intensive in the future?
4) Explain two possible reasons why G&N Ltd used external recruitment. (6 marks)
5)Sara relied hevily on delegation to run the Props and Scenery Division at Hessle. Discuss the argument for or against introducing more delegation in the Conference and Office Equipment Division at Hull. (15 marks)

Unit 3:
1)Explain how the economic forecasts for UK real GDP growth between 2008 and 2011 might affect G&N Ltd's future growth. (6 marks)
2)Outline the deegree of competition in the market affected the prices charged to the theatre companies by G&N Ltd. (6 marks)
3)To what extend do you think that UK and EU law helped or hinderd the performance of G&N Ltd? (15 marks)
4)Examine two instances in which the aims of G&N Ltd's customers might have come into conflict with the aims of the other stakeholders. (8 marks)
5)Study the data in Table 2,3 and 5. Evaluate weather or not this information supports the proposed objective to extend the Props and Scenery Division into Europe. (15 Marks)
Reply 577
Unit1:
1)*****According to "Civic Pride"*******
a)What is meant by the term "sample"? (2 marks)
b)i)Calculate the expected annual sales revenue by selling Honda Civic hybrid. (3 marks)
ii)Explain one possible difficulty that Honda might face in using the theory of price elasticity of demand as a guide in setting the price of the Civic Hybrid. (4 marks)
c)Honda's Civic hybrid is to be sold in a niche market. Examine two possible disadvantages to the company of operating in the niche market. (7 marks)
d)To what extend do the results of the market research conducted for Honda support the company's decision to launch its new Civic hybrid in the UK? (9 marks)

2)According to the text****The Stratford Project******
a)What is meant by the term "variable costs"? (2 marks)
b)The Bank Manager believes that the cash inflow in April will be only 75% of Paul's forecast. Using this information, recalculate the following for April only, assuming that all cash outflows remain unchanged:
-the cash inflow
-the net cash flow
- the closing balance (4 marks)
c)i) Explain one possible benefit to Paul's business of using cost-plus pricing. (3 marks)
ii)Examine two problems that Paul may face in setting budgets for the "Stratford Project" (7 marks)
d)Paul believed that cash flow problems were "inevitable" with the Stratford Project". To what extend do you agree with his view? (9 marks)
D29
i opened the unit 3 paper and smacked my head on the desk...

UNIT 3 was a complete arseee!
I got an E on it....
Which bought my 5 previous B grades down to a C
NOT A HAPPY CHAPPIE

Latest