The Student Room Group
You can't tell. It just means that it is individual rather than as a group.
That's a Welsh uni, isn't it? You might get more insight by asking here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150
Reply 3
was kinda wondering about uni interviews actually.

as a general rule, are they usually formal or semi-formal? I would generally assume formal, but...
HawkAhriman
was kinda wondering about uni interviews actually.

as a general rule, are they usually formal or semi-formal? I would generally assume formal, but...

Varys between different unis. Oxbridge interviews, for example, are always fairly 'formal', in that you're being assessed for admission based quite significantly on your interview performance. 'Lower-ranked' / less (over-)subscribed unis may have 'interviews' (often as part of an open day following UCAS applications) where they're trying to sell themselves to you as much, if not more so, as assessing you.
Reply 5
so basically, the "better" a uni is, the more formal the interview will be? thank god I'm not applying for oxbridge.

thanks.
Reply 6
HawkAhriman
so basically, the "better" a uni is, the more formal the interview will be? thank god I'm not applying for oxbridge.

thanks.

Nope - it depends on the course more than anything else. I have an interview (for mathematics) at Bath soon - the letter they sent even said it's an "informal interview" with one person interviewing (more of a visit than an interview). Also Oxbridge interviews don't require formal clothes either (many just wear smart-ish clothes), and they tend to only have 1 or 2 interviewers.

However medicine, for example, is always a formal interview - a panel of interviewers (3-6), and formal dress code is the norm.
Reply 7
I'm sure it'll be pretty informal, my friend is at Carmathen now and I don't remember her getting into a panic about what to wear.

I'd suggest smart black trousers with some sort of casual top, that goes with the trousers obviously.

I'm guessing she's going for Primary Teaching because according to my friend, that's all everyone seems to do, so if she is then she wants to look suitable, dress like a teacher.
Reply 8
*Sparkle*

dress like a teacher.

lol
made me giggle :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending