The Student Room Group
Godsize
Hello,

I've done IGCSE Maths and I got 88%, Now Im doing AS maths can someone please tell me wether this would be extremely difficult for me?

No, unless you slack off.
Godsize
Hello,

I've done IGCSE Maths and I got 88%, Now Im doing AS maths can someone please tell me wether this would be extremely difficult for me?

What's an IGCSE?
Reply 3
On a scale of 1-10 how hard is it for me? Most probably??
Reply 4
dieeiervonsatan
What's an IGCSE?

International GCSE :smile:
Reply 5
Godsize

if u put the effort and hard work...shud be around 4 (with 10 being hard)
Reply 6
International GCSE
Reply 7
Godsize
Hello,

Hey go for it! I took AS Maths without admaths and my score was in the 290s (admitedly I had to work hard for it) and this year I only need a high D in A2 Maths in order to get an A overall.

Also because of how easily I coped I am sitting AS Further Maths this year.

Go for it - give it your best shot. Anyway if it doesnt come naturally to you, maths is the kind of subject you canjust work hard at and turn out a result
Reply 8
Godsize

Having done AS Maths... (haven't done IGCSE though, but looking at some the content it looks as difficult as a "normal" gcse) I'd say 7.
Reply 9
this does sound bad, its not meant to be, but I didnt take admaths and I ended up with 100%on all 3 AS modules, so you really dont need it.
Reply 10
Godsize
Hello,

In my experience most people who do A-level Maths haven't done additional maths GCSE. With 88% you should be fine, as long as you're prepared to put the work in.
Pegasus
In my experience most people who do A-level Maths haven't done additional maths GCSE. With 88% you should be fine, as long as you're prepared to put the work in.

Wha... what's additional maths GCSE? I didn't even know it existed!
Reply 12
isnt it like when u used to be able to do further maths and it counted towards ure alevel?
Reply 13
thefish_uk
Wha... what's additional maths GCSE? I didn't even know it existed!

Not many places do it, I didn't even know it existed until recently!
depends if ur good at maths, and 88% seems to tell me u are u should fine As maths easy i would day 3 difficulty. All u have to do is practice