The Student Room Group

Transaction Services at PwC: Please Help!

Hi Guys,

I've got an assessment centre for TS at PwC on Thursday, I was basically wondering if any of you guys worked in TS at PwC? I'm supposed to have a commercial awareness of the role I'm doing, but their website isn't very comprehensive.

So, if any of you do work for PwC TS, what's your daily routine like? What clients have you worked on? What sort of questions did you get asked by the TS partner at the assessment centre? Does anyone have any information on TS at the Birmingham Office?

Sorry, I know that is bombarding you all with questions! But, I really want this job! hehe.

Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
[QUOTEWhat clients have you worked on?

The nature of Transaction Services and the M&A arena means you cannot dislose the companies you are working on during the transaction process. Discretion and confidentiality is something the partner really will expect to see.

I'm supposed to have a commercial awareness of the role I'm doing, but their website isn't very comprehensive.

Finanical Due Diligence for acquisition/merger targets - (i.e.) check the value of the investment. This is what takes up most of your time. Going out to the client, conducting interviews, putting together the FDD.

Commercial Due Diligence - Is it wise to move in industry "a"??? Looks at the movement in the market over a number of years.

Other tasks though far less frequent in my experiance include Bid defense etc.

In terms of commercial awareness, they will only expect you to know whats going on in the M&A world - know some big transactions, know some middle market transactions. Understand and be able to use the information about the credit squeeze to explain why transaction activity may not be to hot for the forseeable future.

Daily routine varies to much to give a comprehensive answer. TS partner interview - totally informal, wanted to know what I was like as a person, why i was applying to TS over Corporate Finance/Strategy etc. TS Birmingham is a smallish practice I believe c.20 members...(i.e.) illustrate that you are a %%%%%%%%ing good team player.

Good luck.
Reply 2
What is the graduate starting salary (regional office) like within transaction services at a big four firm?
Reply 3
20p
Reply 4
..per minute
Much like the operations team in an investment bank, the TS guys at E&Y, PwC, KPMG etc will ensure that once a deal is agreed by the M&A team that it actually completes. This will involve, to some extent, dealing with the legalities of the deal.

I haven't worked in TS, but I have worked in M&A and we relied on TS to complete, so I severely hope that is their role :0)

Redeyejedi has already pointed out you will need to have some awareness of the market (a couple of recent M&A deals should do the trick) so I won't labour on that one! Many interviews, regardless of the role, will ultimately come down to this and your ability in key areas - teamwork, leadership, communication and/or slight variations on this. Use examples from your past to illustrate when you were a good leader, when you communicated well, etc, and you should do well regardless.

At uni I acted as Brand Manager for KPMG so I can tell you that you have beaten many applicants to get where you are now and shouldn't focus on your academic grades so much from here on in - everyone will be a 'top grade' student so focus on what sets you apart.

Good luck!

Adam

Latest

Trending

Trending