The Student Room Group
I tend to use a variety of resources when revising for the OCR paper. Thay way, if one book doesn't explain something properly, or if you can't quite understand what is being presented, then it's likely that another book will explain it in a much easier way.

I'd say look at a few papers, get to grips with the type of questions they could ask you, and then revise accordingly.

People who say they manage to ace exams by revising mark schemes..well, maybe in subjects like chemistry, maths etc it is possible, but in biology you have to understand. Understanding is they key. (Obviously memorising aswell).

Try to make concise notes on everything. Don't miss anything out at all. I'm also using the essential A2 book and to be honest there is ALOT of information which is to no use (our syylabus anyway).

If you have the green OCR book, thats really quite helpful as it explains whichever topic you're doing in steps. That way you're understanding is greater. To check if what you're just read makes sense, then use the essential guide. (Mind for diagrams the essential book is MUCH better)

I'd say revise all the content now up until the 7th, and then resume past papers to really consolidate you're understanding.

Don't forget, we still have around a month left till the exam, so don't panick. Just remember to understand the topic you're doing, as around 70% of central concepts is basically the unifying paper (which IMO is an absolutely ridiculous exam paper). The only way to do well in the unifying paper is if you have an A grade piece of coursework.

Anyway good luck with you're revision, and i'm sure you'll get the hang of it :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending