The Student Room Group
I think a lot of them probably earn just under a £1,000 a week. It will vary because some clubs are better off than others. You get a team like Peterborough or MK Dons who will probably be able to pay some of their players over £1,000 a week compared to a club like Mansfield or Rochdale will probably only able to afford to offer like £500 a week or less.
Reply 3
wow, thanks guys. What about non-league teams? Do they get any salaries?
Yeah like the conference will get salaries, again really depends how well off the club is. Again somewhere like Aldershot, Stevenage and Cambridge could probably pay their players pretty much football league salaries, but somewhere like Droyslden or Northwich wouldn't probably pay much more than around £200 or £300 a week.
If you have it check the latest 'Football Manager' game, or the demo - they are pretty accurate and are the result of quite a lot of research.
Reply 6
A lot of non-league teams will get salaries, but those nearer the bottom won't usually be earning enough to live on. Most will only play part time and have a 'real' job. :p: Those at the top probably around £400 p/w perhaps.
Reply 7
They make more than the average investment banker in front office.
Reply 8
schrodinger's cat
If you have it check the latest 'Football Manager' game, or the demo - they are pretty accurate and are the result of quite a lot of research.

Good idea that. So i did it. :biggrin:

Blue Square Premier League: £150-£700 per week. Average around £250

Blue Square North/South: £100 (or £10 for youth players!)-£450 Average around £175.

That's just a quick estimation after looking around FM.
My friend who played for Hitchin Town in the British Gas League also known as Southern Premier League, was on around £40 a week. And another guy I know who plays for my local village team get's around £20 a week.
Reply 10
Laevis
Good idea that. So i did it. :biggrin:

Blue Square Premier League: £150-£700 per week. Average around £250

Blue Square North/South: £100 (or £10 for youth players!)-£450 Average around £175.

That's just a quick estimation after looking around FM.

Blyth Spartans (conf north) can only afford to pay a few players. most have real jobs. they can't even afford a 2nd goalkeeper. so one of their subs goes in, if needed.

My mate plays for a unibond premier team. and alls he gets paid is his travel to the games!
Reply 11
Vintage
Blyth Spartans (conf north) can only afford to pay a few players. most have real jobs. they can't even afford a 2nd goalkeeper. so one of their subs goes in, if needed.

My mate plays for a unibond premier team. and alls he gets paid is his travel to the games!

Yep, some of the wages seem to be exaggerated on FM.

It's tough at the bottom. :redface:
Doji
They make more than the average investment banker in front office.

The thing is, their career is usually over by their mid 30s unless they're one of the lucky few who get into management. It's ok for premiership and top championship players, but those in the lower leagues will probably have to get an ordinary job at the end of it to pay their mortgages and living costs
Reply 13
EssexDan86
The thing is, their career is usually over by their mid 30s unless they're one of the lucky few who get into management. It's ok for premiership and top championship players, but those in the lower leagues will probably have to get an ordinary job at the end of it to pay their mortgages and living costs

You even get premiership footballers having to find another job :wink: i know Julian Dicks owns a pub hahaha.

I like it when you see footballers making investments in other areas while their still playing.

Then again players on 100k a week really won't need to worry :wink:
Reply 14
League 2 I'd say 1,000 and under. League 1 a tad more. Championship varies upto 15 or 20 grand. And especially now new contracts are being given out can you imagine what QPR's players will be earning? It's quite a sad state now, lower league teams with tighter budgets like Argyle are going to be priced out.
Someone can help me i want to play in some team in or around london some phone or people to contact with them and talk
This thread is 7 years old. Closed.

Latest