The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
well i did apply to both bristol and nottingham for law last year and received offers from both. my offer from nottingham ws slightly higher, but still reachable. till almost the last day i kept oscillating between nottingham and bristol - both have amazing reputations, great courses and student lives. bristol appears to be somewhat higher on the tables, but i dont put much stock in these. what did appeal to me about bristol was it's wide choice of units. Nottingham seemed to concentrate on corporate and business sides of law, whereas Bristol had more human rights, gender, family, etc courses. since i'm not into the whole corporate thingy i naturally preferred the choices offered by bristol (so now i'm startin there on the 26th, wahey). also, bristol is older and seems to have a more 'stately' rep, whereas nottingham is still relatively new.
there isnt much major difference between the two - i suggest u compare the QAA (is that it?) rating thingys and also the course options. whichever u choose, u'll have an amazin time! good luck...
(oooh also, an employer survey conducted in 2002 put bristol as the no1 uni from which to employ ppl preferred by law firms in the UK - even above oxbridge! wahey! so thats something to consider, will get u the link of that and post it here...)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
stressed_:x
well i did apply to both bristol and nottingham for law last year and received offers from both. my offer from nottingham ws slightly higher, but still reachable. till almost the last day i kept oscillating between nottingham and bristol - both have amazing reputations, great courses and student lives. bristol appears to be somewhat higher on the tables, but i dont put much stock in these. what did appeal to me about bristol was it's wide choice of units. Nottingham seemed to concentrate on corporate and business sides of law, whereas Bristol had more human rights, gender, family, etc courses. since i'm not into the whole corporate thingy i naturally preferred the choices offered by bristol (so now i'm startin there on the 26th, wahey). also, bristol is older and seems to have a more 'stately' rep, whereas nottingham is still relatively new.
there isnt much major difference between the two - i suggest u compare the QAA (is that it?) rating thingys and also the course options. whichever u choose, u'll have an amazin time! good luck...
(oooh also, an employer survey conducted in 2002 put bristol as the no1 uni from which to employ ppl preferred by law firms in the UK - even above oxbridge! wahey! so thats something to consider, will get u the link of that and post it here...)

may i ask what offers did notting and bristol gave u?? and what are ur predicted grades??

Latest

Trending

Trending