The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are you talking about Psychology A, or B?
Reply 2
If you're talking about specification A doing the 18 markers first can be a good idea as long as you make it obvious that you've done it in a different order
Reply 3
Siobhann
If you're talking about specification A doing the 18 markers first can be a good idea as long as you make it obvious that you've done it in a different order

I will be resitting PYA2 and PYA3 next Thursday so I'll keep that tip in mind. Thanks!

What I always did was answer the questions in order and when it came up to the 18 marker, I forgotten most of the vital information.

I can see how your suggestion is more effective. I'll have to remember to indicate the question I'm answering... but if I forget, will they figure it out or will I lose marks?
Reply 4
Katherine_L
I will be resitting PYA2 and PYA3 next Thursday so I'll keep that tip in mind. Thanks!

What I always did was answer the questions in order and when it came up to the 18 marker, I forgotten most of the vital information.

I can see how your suggestion is more effective. I'll have to remember to indicate the question I'm answering... but if I forget, will they figure it out or will I lose marks?

lol, Im sure they'd work it out, they have to deal with people making far worse mistakes

But you could ask your tutor just to make sure, my tutor was the one that suggested it but it wouldnt hurt to double check I suppose

:smile:
Reply 5
Do you guys know what came up on the May 07 exam for PYA2?? Do you have any predictions? I'm Shiiiiiiiiiiiiitting it!!!!!!
Reply 6
na221
Do you guys know what came up on the May 07 exam for PYA2?? Do you have any predictions? I'm Shiiiiiiiiiiiiitting it!!!!!!

I don't think the May 2007 papers have been published yet and as for predictions I have no idea, whatever we try and guess at will probably be the complete opposite of what it is on they day anyway lol.

Sorry.. I realise that wasn't a very helpful reply, but it's nice to know someone else is stressing about it too. :smile:
Reply 7
any one got any idea about ?s could come up? do aqa repeat ?s like every 2 years??? like they do with gcse english??? thanks!!
Reply 8
I think for stress there may be an 18 marker on work stressors as that hasnt been up in a while, and for abnormality possibly an 18 marker on the definitions of abnormality, or models of eatin disorders, I think, dont take my word for it.
anyone doing specification B tomorrow? :s-smilie:
If so..
any clues as to whats going to be in it...?!
My teacher betted heavily on the biological model being included in the 18 marker as it hasn't been on for years.
Reply 12
AQA Psyc A- Unit 1- TOMORROW AHHHHHHHHHH :frown:

Not looking forward to it at all!
o shizzle.. i dont know much about biological.. its basically that its genes and all abnormalities are hereitory isnt it??!

cant write an essay on it!!

=[

x
which spec is the module on cognative and devlopmental psych on???
i thought it was a?
but i really have no idea

anyone doing that paper 2morrow btw???
nervous?? i am!!!!!
so specification B anyone????
Reply 16
I am doing the one with "Cognitive and Developmental" units. Dont know if thats A or B!

Anyone doing the same units tomorrow?
Reply 17
For anyone who is doing those units ^^

For Reconstructive memory "Bartlett" star study, what criticisms have you learnt??
Reply 18
im doing pya2 stress and abnormality - absolutely ****ting myself. i only started revising properly 2 hours ago. predicted an A but my practice papers have been Ds and Es. Hopefully ill be alrite with more cramming:smile: Really worried a repeat of today is gonna happen though cos had my bio exam today, got into the room and forgot everything. hope nerves dont getter the better of me - cant face another resit
Reply 19
do you guys reckon that for abnorality the explain AN/BN in relation the the biologicla.behavioural/cognitive and psychodynamic model could come up - it last came up in 2005

Latest