The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

liz17
For anyone who is doing those units ^^

For Reconstructive memory "Bartlett" star study, what criticisms have you learnt??

one negative criticism is that it is culturally biased as its using a story from a unfamiliar culture that we have no prior knowledge.

Its a fairly small sample aswell so the results can't be generalised
omg!!! im scared!!!!!!!!
dunno what to do!!!!
cramming aint working now!!! n i realllllly
realllllllllly realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly don't know
anything about stress. n im getting stressed!
got an a on ma mock!(god knows how!) gna fail actual thing tho!!
goood luck to everyone doing the exam 2moz....

:redface:
Reply 22
my teacher is so **** she never made us do a mock. how do you structure the a,b and 18 mark questions?
Reply 23
cheers bannanna muffin. Another one (criticsm) from Gauld- saying that its poorly controlled and designed.

So I guess your doing those units then.

I am feeling pretty good about them. Just finished going over everything for the last time until tomorrow. But do you think the same as me when I say, if an 18 mark question came up on EWT or reconstructive memory, that there is not alot of A02 that we can write about to cover 12 marks??
OMG there is so much to remember from the studies!!!
Reply 25
18 mark questions.

6 marks- (A01) descriptions procedures, findings

12 marks - (A02) Evaluations, criticsms, support, against.
Reply 26
I'm doing unit 3 tomorrow...so scared, i can do ok if the questions are kind but i'm really shaky in some bits...argh!
Reply 27
Just read the question, if it asks for something make sure thats what you give them!!

Also, when you get the paper, I would advise chosing your questions on the 18 markers, cos thats obv the bulk % of ur marks, so dont choose a question where u think the 18 marker will be a "pulling blood out of a stone" job.
do you have to remember all the numbers from the studies to get 18 marks in the 18 markers?
Reply 29
like you mean statistcs?

Examiners are not too bothered if you cannot remeber specific detail like
E.G- Individual differences in Attachement "Mary Aimsworth"
Findings: Type B- 66%- Secure Attachment
Type A- 22% - Avoidant insecure
Type C- 11%- Resistant insecure

Alternativly, I could have written Mary found out that there was 3 different categories that infants could be divided into blah blah blah etc

They also dont mind if you forget the Psychologists who does the experiment. Aslong as you describe the correct one, then they will pick up on who you are tlaking about!
I have PYA3 tommorow.

I'm praying for a nice essay, last time it was factors of minority influence and apart from Mosocivi (sp?) study, I didn't know what to write about.
I'm hoping for a question about Milgrams or Aschs study. That would be brill.

Anyone else taking this exam tommorow morning?
i want an 18 marker on types of attachment
yes plz :biggrin:
an hour is NOT enough.
liz17
cheers bannanna muffin. Another one (criticsm) from Gauld- saying that its poorly controlled and designed.

So I guess your doing those units then.

I am feeling pretty good about them. Just finished going over everything for the last time until tomorrow. But do you think the same as me when I say, if an 18 mark question came up on EWT or reconstructive memory, that there is not alot of A02 that we can write about to cover 12 marks??

Hmm you just basically have to think of the strengths and weaknesses. For extra marks if your trying to think of some, try comparing and contrastng with other research. For example with Bartlett you can compare his research with the experiment where english people were asked about a story to do with adolf hitler (if you did that?)
I'm re-sitting the social psychology exam tomorrow (got a D last time and two As on the other two modules). I haven't revised for it though and am just hoping that I'll touch lucky and I can write enough to get a C. It's the research methods that I'm not looking forward too the most though.
Reply 35
don't know if its too late to tell everyone what the questions were from the may 2007 paper (probably is!) but i only just found this post.
on the stress part they were on-

findings of research into workplace stressors
1 psychological method of managing negative effects of stress
the relationship between stress and cardiovascular disorders

OR

one physiological method of managing negative effects of stress
procedures and findings of one study into the relationship between stress and the immune system
discuss research into the role of life changes as sources of stress.

I would type out the individual differences part but im kinda short on time as i'm panicking about the exam myself!
Good luck everyone
haaaa i am bricking it
i got an a in the mock =/=/=/=/
if we get 18 markers on EWT and MDH i will be so happpy :smile:
Reply 37
good luck to everyone i am actually scared and have been up all nite which isnt exactly good
Reply 38
Just done Unit 1 AQA A... went ok I think.. hopefully!
Unit 2 was okay, not very original copied 2 whole sections from last years january exam and that paper was the worst

Latest