The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I might have to purchase this t-shirt...

And I'm a potential, though reluctant, gap yearer.
city_chic
Lol, okay then...

- Chocolate
- Dance
- Languages
- Animals
- Cambridge <-- nah, just kidding. Uh, the colour Blue

And also, I'm gonna quote what someone wrote on my blog:
Cambridge don't know what they're missing and you shouldn't give them the unnecessary ego boost of letting them think that no where else can match them.
Epitomessence

And also, I'm gonna quote what someone wrote on my blog:

Aw, how sweet of you :hugs:

Good quote, but all these 'it's not the end of the world/it's their loss...' don't really help :\ A text from one of my best friends made me cry; saying how I've done great to come this far and how I'm worthy of going anywhere etc.

Ah, it could have been so different...
Reply 23
guys how do you put those lil messages below what you write

like permanently there
Epitomessence
Totally. And I'm reckoning that my sign is telling me that I'm meant to go to a London Uni, attend as many movie premieres as I can, and get noticed as a film critic! (film is my second love after Maths, you see)

Cambridge rejects, ftw! :smile:

Hell yeah!! :biggrin:
I think I'm meant to go to Durham.. a lot more drunkeness, chance to study astronomy, take up Spanish again.. and by the looks of it, tons of my friends will end up going there too. Ahh this thread is making me feel better already. :p:

As for London - better shops of course! haha.
Although these lyrics aren't really making myself feel better currently, they may do so for you other rejectees :smile: :

I'm not afraid to fall, it means I climbed up high
To fall is not to fail, you fail when you don't try
Not afraid to fall, I might just learn to fly
And I will spread these wings of mine

Taken from the song 'Get Up' by Superchick, I suggest you all DL it and have a listen; definitely fits our situation right now...
go to My account. Then preferences. It's your signiture.

City Chic your making me feel upset now! It's just a university. Your friend is right, you have done so well to come this far. Putting things in perspective. What % of the population our age can say they are good enough to apply to Oxbridge?!

I've had all these thoughts for weeks which I guess is why it's not so bad now the rejections actually come.
Hey I was rejected from Oxford last year and while I scorned those who posted similar messages to this that seemed sickeningly optimistic given that my heart had been torn to shreds with rejection, all I have to say is...
You will DEFINITELY get over it. Once you're at your second choice university meeting new people and generally having the time of your life, Cambridge will not even be on the agenda. The work will still be challenging and you'll have more of a social life. The rejection is only as bad as you personally make it -so get the hell over it!

Good luck to all!
earthredalert89

City Chic your making me feel upset now! It's just a university. Your friend is right, you have done so well to come this far. Putting things in perspective. What % of the population our age can say they are good enough to apply to Oxbridge?!

I've had all these thoughts for weeks which I guess is why it's not so bad now the rejections actually come.

Aw, sorry :redface: Ignore little old negative me :p: I know you're right, but still, my hopes were just pinned on Cambridge unfortunately.
melissabee
Hey I was rejected from Oxford last year and while I scorned those who posted similar messages to this that seemed sickeningly optimistic given that my heart had been torn to shreds with rejection, all I have to say is...
You will DEFINITELY get over it. Once you're at your second choice university meeting new people and generally having the time of your life, Cambridge will not even be on the agenda. The work will still be challenging and you'll have more of a social life. The rejection is only as bad as you personally make it -so get the hell over it!

Good luck to all!

Well said. :smile:

Looks like I'll be joining you in West London!

:biggrin: Imperial! :biggrin:
Epitomessance - can you link me your blog?
city_chic
Aw, sorry :redface: Ignore little old negative me :p: I know you're right, but still, my hopes were just pinned on Cambridge unfortunately.

No don't worry, I felt as you do for a lot of last year; I was incredibly bitter and dissappointed and I now realise what a waste of time it was.
TheRandomer
Hell yeah!! :biggrin:
I think I'm meant to go to Durham.. a lot more drunkeness, chance to study astronomy, take up Spanish again.. and by the looks of it, tons of my friends will end up going there too. Ahh this thread is making me feel better already. :p:

As for London - better shops of course! haha.

I have a friend who chose Durham for M&P over Imperial and he doesn't regret it for one second.

He's an astronomy buff by the way.
Yeah my first choice will be LSE if they make me an offer, followed by Durham. Smalltownboy, what course have you applied for? We can be brothers in arms for making possibly sick but very funny innuendos and inappropriate jokes :biggrin:
melissabee
No don't worry, I felt as you do for a lot of last year; I was incredibly bitter and dissappointed and I now realise what a waste of time it was.

Where did you end up?
BTW guys, don't get too down over it. I have been fairly depressed all day, but having spoken to some mates and realising that I will probably have a better time (overall) somewhere else (hopefully London), I have come to terms with the fact that it just wasn't meant to be.

On a side note, who else is going out to get absolutely ratted tonight? I know I am hehe :biggrin:
melissabee

Good luck to all!

very good advice, you're completely right.

Not going to Cambridge has SO many advantages for me, anyway...so I'm going to make as little of the rejection as possible, and try to move on :biggrin:
Epitomessence
Well said. :smile:

Looks like I'll be joining you in West London!

:biggrin: Imperial! :biggrin:

Imperial is great! I enjoyed my first term so much that I wanted to return as soon as I got in the taxi for paddington. And Hyde park is effectively my back garden :smile:
UCL. or LSE if they give me an offer. London rocks :biggrin:
Im over the rejection now...now the worry comes about waiting to hear from KCL and Notts which are my next choices. But I already have 2 offers which i'm happy with so I can't really complain!

Latest

Trending

Trending