The Student Room Group
ChemistBoy
I thinking about going into this field, does anyone have any info about it? I have a degree in Chemistry and (hopefully) a PhD.

What part of IPR are you interested in, only patents?
Reply 2
NDGAARONDI
What part of IPR are you interested in, only patents?

Well all types of intellectual property really, but it seems that patents attorney is the most likely step for me.
ChemistBoy
Well all types of intellectual property really, but it seems that patents attorney is the most likely step for me.

Cool. A lot of people with a chemistry background go into IP.

This might interest you http://www.cipa.org.uk/

Have you been to any public research lectures on this field? It might come in handy, though I've never been yet.
Reply 4
NDGAARONDI

Have you been to any public research lectures on this field? It might come in handy, though I've never been yet.

Thanks, will check out the link.

I've been to a couple at Nottingham. It just looks like a career in academia is going to be a bad option (9 month contracts round the bend). Whilst I was doing my industrial placement in Switzerland I got involved (albeit in a very minor capacity) in drawing up a patent and it seemed quite interesting.
ChemistBoy
Thanks, will check out the link.

I've been to a couple at Nottingham. It just looks like a career in academia is going to be a bad option (9 month contracts round the bend). Whilst I was doing my industrial placement in Switzerland I got involved (albeit in a very minor capacity) in drawing up a patent and it seemed quite interesting.

By the sounds of it you might be interesting in becoming a patent agent.

Does the Nottingham lectures you've been to have a website so I can see and go?
Reply 7
NDGAARONDI

Does the Nottingham lectures you've been to have a website so I can see and go?

Sorry, can't remember, it was a the start of last year.
ChemistBoy
Sorry, can't remember, it was a the start of last year.

No problems. Nottingham is a bit too far for me anyway. South East is idealistic - London and Oxford :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending