The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im redoinnnn unit 2...so nervous about it...last minute revision

has anyone got the 2007 january past paper for unit 2 or the 2006 january one??
Reply 21
I'm ****ting myself over unit 3 :rolleyes:
Unit 3 is the easiest one I think. You have the same amount of time to get less marks, which equals more time to think about your answers xD.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
there's 4 topics, you answer questions on 2 of them, much like the unit 1 paper, but slightly harder content xD I know The Constitution and The Executive are 2 of the because theyre the ones I want to answer on, then there's the judiciary and theres something else but i have, rather worringly, fogotten what it is...:eek:

The constitution, the executive and parliament. (And the judiciary)

I haven't done the unit one paper, this is the first paper I am sitting.

So are all 4 topics contained in the paper, and you can just pick whichever 2 you want. Meaning you can afford not to revise 2 of them?
charmainecantyx
So are all 4 topics contained in the paper, and you can just pick whichever 2 you want. Meaning you can afford not to revise 2 of them?

Yes, but that's what I did with Unit 2 in June and I got really crap questions on them, so I was pretty stuffed.

I was actually impressed with only being 2 marks off a D, I thought I'd done that badly xD

Conclusion: Revise 3 for safety :biggrin:
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Yes, but that's what I did with Unit 2 in June and I got really crap questions on them, so I was pretty stuffed.

I was actually impressed with only being 2 marks off a D, I thought I'd done that badly xD

haha yeah I will, thanks :smile:
Reply 26
SuperSam_Fantastiche

Which topics did you revise for and what questions did you get?
I revised Constitution and Parliament...I don't actually remember what questions I got for Parliament, but I know there was something about a federal constitution, which I hadn't even looked at....Ah well, hopefully this resit will give me better questions :biggrin:
Reply 28
I'm risking it and revising two topics! Is Parliamentry Sovereignty under Constitutions or Parliament?
It could come under both I suppose, but mainly Parliament.
I'm so nervous.. Messed up real bad in summer even though before then I'd done consistently well (in mocks, class etc). Worried I'm going to make the same mistakes. Any advice for last minute revision? Doing unit 1 (PGs and Parties) + unit 3 (EU, Cons Reform, Devolution).
Reply 31
Hey buddy sorry to hear that. What were your module results? How was time for unit 1?
Module results were B/C/B though I was fortunate to get a B in unit 3 as I was blagging it. My problem was that I didn't use all the time, I don't think I used enough examples or "unpacked" points as much is required.

I had pleeenty of time for unit 1 as the plurality question I wasn't prepared for and the Pressure Group power question confused me as I ended up attempting to define power (now I reckon it's just influence/ability to acheive aims).

Anyway I ended up with a low B when I need a high A to have any chance of getting an A overall.
Reply 33
Still it's a good grade and you can always improve on it. Which questions did you do for unit 2?
Parliament + Constitution
Reply 35
do you reckon there'll be a "what are the advantages and disadvantages of an uncodified constitution"? That's probably the best question you can get!
Reply 36
I'm doing Constitution + Judiciary. Did Constitution and Parliament last year and got a D. Chose Judiciary this year as I think more merit could be awarded for people answering Judiciary questions because not many people choose it. Good luck all, make sure you have up to date examples! :smile:
astudent1990
do you reckon there'll be a "what are the advantages and disadvantages of an uncodified constitution"? That's probably the best question you can get!

I did that for my mock exam - the june 2006 paper I think.

I hope it comes up too xD
Hey, also resitting unit 1. Managed to get a D in unit 1 and then 98/100 in unit 2 and 85/100 in unit 3. I'm 4 marks of an A so resitting to get it up as I've dropped it for A2.
Bit worried though as I've forgotten most of it :frown:
Reply 39
astudent1990
I'm risking it and revising two topics! Is Parliamentry Sovereignty under Constitutions or Parliament?

I would have thought it would come under Constitutions, as its a main aspect of the UK constitution, and can be tied in with the UK laws' relationship with EU law

Latest