The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
NDGAARONDI
Another thing with Oxbridge. I can remember the UoL 'colleges' alright but sometimes it's difficult trying to remember which ones for Oxbridge.

:biggrin:
My sister got into St.Peters, and a few of her mates are in Corpus Christi and Braesnose (sp?). My English teacher went to Keble too...
I know quite a bit about Oxford - because of my sister etc, but personally 1. it doesn't 'really' appeal to me 2. I think I would prefer Cambridge better 3. and finally, I don't think I would get in! :biggrin:
Misbah Imtiaz
2. I think I would prefer Cambridge better

Why Cambridge?

Misbah Imtiaz
3. and finally, I don't think I would get in! :biggrin:

You won't know unless you tried, you don't have to fit all the myths to get in you know.
Reply 22
NDGAARONDI
Why Cambridge?
You won't know unless you tried, you don't have to fit all the myths to get in you know.

I don't know - probably because at Oxford my sister has "been there done that" , 2. its more liberal and 3. my college has had a higher success rate at Cambridge.
Misbah Imtiaz
my college has had a higher success rate at Cambridge.

I think so has mine but that doesn't mean each individual at your college will always get into Cambridge. I prefer Oxford :rolleyes:
Reply 24
NDGAARONDI
I think so has mine but that doesn't mean each individual at your college will always get into Cambridge. I prefer Oxford :rolleyes:

as many oxfordians (old, present or even new!) can attack me if they like for this next comment, but it has to be said.

I wish i'd applied to cambridge because all the students and lecturers at interview and open days were like "butter wouldnt melt in my mouth, even though we'rea ll shit hott at everything we've ever done, ever" Full of twats, imho.
Reply 25
NDGAARONDI
Deliberately not thinking of Bristol, LSE, Durham, Cambridge and Nottingham

Sorry, but out of interest, why?
chica
Sorry, but out of interest, why?

I have enough decent universities on my list and I don't wish to fill up my 6 choices completely of AAA requirements. Playing safe whilst still having good universities that do not ask for AAA. Plus location. I'm more of a south east person so Oxford, or even better, London would be great. Although I do have at least one university up 'north' - Liverpool.
Reply 27
NDGAARONDI
I have enough decent universities on my list and I don't wish to fill up my 6 choices completely of AAA requirements. Playing safe whilst still having good universities that do not ask for AAA. Plus location. I'm more of a south east person so Oxford, or even better, London would be great. Although I do have at least one university up 'north' - Liverpool.

Fair enough! That's quite sensible. (Have you considered SOAS? Also London w/ slightly lower offer)
chica
Fair enough! That's quite sensible. (Have you considered SOAS? Also London w/ slightly lower offer)

I have and was tempted by it but there will be a lot of material I will have to learn that I will not be interested in and nor will be practical for me later on. It's unfortunate because they have a strong law department, ask for lower grades and have a high rating RAE (I think) score.

Instead I have thought of Queen Mary. Strange it might seem but it is the best place to study for intellectual property, beating Oxford :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending