The Student Room Group

BPP, College of Law or Law School?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I am currently in BPP.

In terms of coursework, it is fine - it is quite business focused (but I am doing a course that lends itself to that, I'm not sure if that would be the case if I were doing any other course) and BPP spoonfeed you to a ridiculous extent. (I'm not saying spoonfeeding is a bad thing, right now I welcome it, but there you are.)

Because it is a private university, students are treated like clients - the materials are pretty good, and the tutoring, in the main (but with a few honourable exceptions), is alright. The lecturers are certainly no worse here than anywhere else.

In terms of student life, the place is utterly soulless - BPP makes little if any effort in that respect. Of course it's not obliged to, but I still think it falls down in this area.

Facilities are pretty poor too - I am in the Holborn branch, and it is far too crowded to accommodate the number of students who study there. Moving around the building at "rush hour" between classes is extremely difficult, and lifts are virtually impossible to use at those times.

If you just want a qualification, I would have no problem recommending BPP (though I am sure that UoL and other professional qualification providers are exactly the same in almost every academic respect). If you want anything more than that, a traditional university might be the place to go.
Would you be able to suggest me where to that information?

Also, what do you think of the york law school?

Many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would you be able to suggest me where to that information?

How is the york law school?

Many thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
sorry I am currently trying to begin a program at Manchester University BPP and my primary concern is what level of assistance is given for Training Contract Application and what are the chances even. All of the reviews I have come across make it seem these private institution only care about the money and nothing more. Can you please elaborate further on how the LPC program went and what prospects it gives an entry student. Hoping to hear from you.
Reply 24
Original post by emperorwilson1
sorry I am currently trying to begin a program at Manchester University BPP and my primary concern is what level of assistance is given for Training Contract Application and what are the chances even. All of the reviews I have come across make it seem these private institution only care about the money and nothing more. Can you please elaborate further on how the LPC program went and what prospects it gives an entry student. Hoping to hear from you.

I have the same concern, did you complete your GDL and were you successful in securing a training contract? Did BPP career center provide you with assistance during your Training Contract Application process?
My course starts in Sep 2018 and I am panicking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending