The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Unfortunately it doesnt right away sometimes. Stay hopeful tho, update us!!!!!!
Reply 121
That's what I've been thinking :wink: I figured that the letters would have been sent yesterday at the latest, so it's had 24 hours to get itself together. But it's all part of the waiting game!

I will do, don't worry. I've been lurking here for aaaages, but never really said anything! But you guys all seem very friendly, so I won't be going anywhere for a while =P
Reply 122
When notts rejected me last year they offered to pass my application to the school of biosciences, so my unsucessful didnt pop up for ages :frown:
globalwolfie
Pffft... i've applied to the 5year course and i'm still in the dark... lemme out into the light Nottingham!! (I wonder if i'm on a reserve list too then :s-smilie: )

Some how the light is not as pleasent as I thought it would be. ( I got rejected this morning :frown: )
Huh, my application has also been passed onto the school of biosciences too it seems. Hmm... I think i'd prefer chemistry too biosciences as a backup :smile:
Reply 124
Nup, it was the rejection letter for me too. Thought as much :wink: One big batch got sent out yesterday, obviously. Lots of unhappy people around the UK I should imagine.
Two more to hear from =) Though I'm rather resigned to the same response! :P

(And the Bristol thing was information r.e. the other course)
All those rejected; were you all rejected without an interview then? I suppose they just receive too many applicants to interview them all :frown:
Rejected without interview from Notts yes - and RVC. And was pretty much told earlier by the admissions staff that Liv is a no go - I don't even have the questionnaire yet (which seemed to be deliberate - not lost in post or owt), let alone an interview!!
you can spend a year making your ap betta and re apply! dont give up on the dream!!!!
yeh i got my rejection letter from nottingham today, they must have sent a lot out at once!!
and bella, think of all the fun you can have if you take a gap year!! as well as making your application amazing :smile: but dont give up hope, you still have liverpool!!
:hugs: to every1 who got rejected today
Reply 129
Don't give up bella-if you have to take a gap year you will have so much fun!! One day you will be living the dream!!Do not give up hope!! Lots of hugs.. x x x x x
Reply 130
To those who got letters today or yesterday, don't give up, it doesn't mean you're not good enough to be vets or good enough to have even got an interview say last year or in the first year of intake for nottingham, this year they just seriously had so many applicants and couldn't interview everybody.
Reply 131
Bella, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. It's not nice, but try not to feel down because there's nothing you can do - except go for it again next year.
I know a gap year is not what you want to be doing next year, but things are as good as you make them. Do as everyone else says and make it a good thing.

I knew there was very little chance of getting anything this year; even my teachers were telling me not to bother applying 'cause it wouldn't get me anywhere. It might have been stupid to go against their advice, but I just couldn't see myself backing down and letting go, which is why I applied anyway - it gave me more chance of getting an interview/something than if I hadn't.
So don't let yourself get sad, and just keep plodding on. You'll get there. And I'm sure I'll see you at vet school at some point :P
Reply 132
I'm living proof that second time lucky is possible, the unis will respect it if you don't give up. think donkey stubborn and terrier tenacity and you'll be fine, and it will be all the sweeter for it, and there is so much positive you can pack into a gap year intentional or not...
Reply 133
Still no word from from Notts for me, but judging by the flood of rejections, I can expect one through the post anyday!!
but you a 6 year applicant all the rejections are for the 5 year.
Reply 135
J_E_N_N_Y
but you a 6 year applicant all the rejections are for the 5 year.

Yeh and the 6 yr interviews took place in early december and im still waiting to hear!!
Reply 136
Anybody with an nottingham intervuew on wednesday, I'm helping with the practicals so let me know if you are and I'll look out for you or vice versa.
Reply 137
Take her some bailey's and you'll probably be in vet school before you know it ahahahaha
aw dear she does seem like a little bit of an alchy!! i wish one of you was helping on the day of my interview lol. roughly how many people are interviewed on the one day anyway?
Reply 139
Omg vossy, your making other people think i'm glued to the bottle! Who has had to deal with you all weekend while they've beenn perfectly sober, hey hey?

Nah you wouldn't want either of us, we'd just confuse you further cos we wouldn't have a clue what we were doing lol. 'm not quite sure how many they have but when I was interviewed they had morning and afternoon sessions, not sure what's happening this year really. Someone more observent may be able tyo answer your question lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending