The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wow. 18k posts. i hadn't noticed until andy pointed it out there - you do need to get out more
hermaphrodite
wow. 18k posts. i hadn't noticed until andy pointed it out there - you do need to get out more

I've been here nearly four years. You haven't even been here one year. You work it out. :wink:
2000 times by 4 = 8000. still 10,000 less than you :wink:
hermaphrodite
2000 times by 4 = 8000. still 10,000 less than you :wink:

I haven't learnt those numbers yet.
Reply 44
Anyway :s-smilie:

Tutoring, definitely. You can make a lot of money tutoring, plus, I don't know how much you like teaching mathematics, you might have some fun out of it.

Just out of curiosity though, and I apologise if you've already directly stated it, are you up for any type of job or are you sort of looking for jobs related to mathematics/programming (as you said you had some programming and computer skills which prove useful in an office job, or something)?
trm90
Anyway :s-smilie:

Tutoring, definitely. You can make a lot of money tutoring, plus, I don't know how much you like teaching mathematics, you might have some fun out of it.

Just out of curiosity though, and I apologise if you've already directly stated it, are you up for any type of job or are you sort of looking for jobs related to mathematics/programming (as you said you had some programming and computer skills which prove useful in an office job, or something)?

I enjoy tutoring, it's just difficult to find people who want it over the summer and stuff. I'm up for any type of job that isn't, like, shelf stacking or burger flipping. If I don't find anything particularly exciting I'm thinking of applying for a job at the local library or something.
Reply 46
I'm almost certain you can find tutoring, normally it's a very good idea to advertise yourself as a summer tutor at any of the local schools; I would imagine that Year 11 students entering A-levels or IB programmes the following year would be pretty interested in getting their maths up to speed before the next term starts. :smile:

Does the library have a vacancy anyway? Was just thinking, but wouldn't that be a bit of a 'passive' job? Either way, though, it's your choice!
trm90
I'm almost certain you can find tutoring, normally it's a very good idea to advertise yourself as a summer tutor at any of the local schools; I would imagine that Year 11 students entering A-levels or IB programmes the following year would be pretty interested in getting their maths up to speed before the next term starts. :smile:

Does the library have a vacancy anyway? Was just thinking, but wouldn't that be a bit of a 'passive' job? Either way, though, it's your choice!

Passive I don't mind. I just don't want it to be soul-destroying. Of course, I'd prefer something intellectually challenging and stuff, but I won't get that.
library work is sweet ur on at least 7 quid an hour and the council basically arse-rape you with random benefts, depending on where you live. its best to get in touch with the council as opposed to the library itself, because even if they can't give you a job actauly in the library itself they're bound to have something for a cambridge student to do in their holiday. get in contact early because obviosuly if you have time at easter then you could do some training or something bit of networking then you'd be good to roll out the job as soon as the summer comes. the only annoying thing is the council like to put people on tempish work, so they call u up randomly if there's work which is alrite but not if u want work everyday. but then if u can get a job sat in the library it wouldn't matter anyway. plus stamp a couple of books then u can sit and read all day. and if u go cambridge u must love that :wink:
generalebriety
I haven't learnt those numbers yet.

to put t another way. you have 13 posts per day, me has 6 posts per day
hermaphrodite
to put t another way. you have 13 posts per day, me has 6 posts per day

Oh noes! I'm 7 posts more sad than you!

Now get out of my thread if you're not going to be helpful, please.
go an spend your summer in tanzania or ghana or India doing some voluntary work
hermaphrodite
go an spend your summer in tanzania or ghana or India doing some voluntary work

Ok. Bye! :smile:
bye
Reply 54
you could look into teaching English abroad. I did this in Poland with APASS and it was much fun, good to talk about for job interviews and also gives you the chance to do some traveling around during (they have organised trips) and afterwards too.
Hylean
Some people do. ;yes; Apparently it makes for some very good money.

Yep, you'll be earning money hand over fist (sorry)

Latest

Trending

Trending