The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What exam bord are you doing?
Reply 2
Read the announcement at the top of this page. You are not allowed to discuss edexcel exams atall for 12 hours after the exam. This is to make sure people from other countries who havent yet taken the exam do not cheat!
I thought it was easy compared other years, not even any difficult circle questions. Knowing me, a few mistakes have crept in. I got (1/3, 76/27) and (-1, 2) for the stationary points IIRC. And yes, the lines weren't perpendicular.

I'm doing OCR btw.
Reply 4
Please for the love of god, if you've done edexcel C1 do not post in here! Read the announcements. (Ive just removed two posts talking about edexcel exams from this thread even though its a OCR one).
Reply 5
yeah im probably being a bit over the top lol there was no tangent questions either. I just thought the numbers were a bit annoying lol

yesss thanks that is good news i got 2 and 22/27 not minus lol whichis the same as 76/27 :biggrin: :biggrin:
~NC~
Read the announcement at the top of this page. You are not allowed to discuss edexcel exams atall for 12 hours after the exam. This is to make sure people from other countries who havent yet taken the exam cheat!

I think there should be a "don't" in there somewhere...
RedDevils
yeah im probably being a bit over the top lol there was no tangent questions either. I just thought the numbers were a bit annoying lol

yesss thanks that is good news i got 2 and 22/27 not minus lol whichis the same as 76/27 :biggrin: :biggrin:

Phew, I was getting worried too. :smile: I've got the question paper here too.
Reply 8
username62978
I think there should be a "don't" in there somewhere...

edited :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Glutamic Acid
Phew, I was getting worried too. :smile: I've got the question paper here too.

lol really can u tell me the original formula for the stationary point question please lol thanks
RedDevils
lol really can u tell me the original formula for the stationary point question please lol thanks

8 (i) Find the coordinates of the stationary points on the curve y = x^3 + x^2 - x + 3.
Reply 11
I thought that was most definitely the worst C1 paper I've seen. :eek:

Only one Q in there I couldn't do, but the rest were just ridiculously time consuming with *loads* of room for a tiny calculation error to ruin everything.

Only Q i could not do was the last part of the last Q (10ii i think?). I can't remember it now but at the time I was just like "gah" and ran out of time trying to solve it :rolleyes: Although I did write down x=-1 at the bottom because it seemed to me that was the answer at the time? Is that right? (just wrote it down, none of my working ever got to that point :p: )

Also did 10i) really quickly, only wrote 2 lines down to do it, but then as they came to collect it I realised it was a 5 mark question.

WTF 5 marks for that question (second differential). Takes about 2 seconds? Guess I didn't write my working out enough so I probably only got 2 or 3 out of 5 :rolleyes:

*hates the very concept of C1!*
Reply 12
Glutamic Acid
I thought it was easy compared other years, not even any difficult circle questions. Knowing me, a few mistakes have crept in. I got (1/3, 76/27) and (-1, 2) for the stationary points IIRC. And yes, the lines weren't perpendicular.

I'm doing OCR btw.

thats wat i got :biggrin:
You might still get the 5 marks for a correct answer, plus method marks are given for small things such as the powers of x etc.
Reply 14
RedDevils
Did everyone else get a stationary point co-ordinate for y of like 2 and 22/27. Lol and the two lines AC and BC were not perpendicular?? any1 agree with that.

If you're talking about Q8i, I got the stationary points to be (1/3,76/27) and (-1,4)*, which seemed really weird but most of my friends got the same answer :P And I found that AC and BC weren't perpendicular too, but the point of the question was to show your working and say why they weren't perpendicular.

There were some dodgy numbers on that exam, and the questions weren't much like any past papers I've done, but I'm not too bothered :biggrin:

*I wrote something like this for 8i:

Spoiler

Can anyone remember what the last part of question 10 was? I think I may have screwed it up, but I don't remember what the question was (I remember my answer though).
For 4(i) 10^p = 0.1, I wrote the question down as 10^p = 0.01 :eek: and therefore p = -2. Luckily I realized my mistake about 10 minutes before the end.
nuodai
If you're talking about Q8i, I got the stationary points to be (1/3,76/27) and (-1,4)*, which seemed really weird but most of my friends got the same answer :P And I found that AC and BC weren't perpendicular too, but the point of the question was to show your working and say why they weren't perpendicular.

There were some dodgy numbers on that exam, and the questions weren't much like any past papers I've done, but I'm not too bothered :biggrin:

*I wrote something like this for 8i:

Spoiler

Can anyone remember what the last part of question 10 was? I think I may have screwed it up, but I don't remember what the question was (I remember my answer though).

I think when you sub -1 back into the equation you get (-1) + 1 - 1 + 3 = 2.
Reply 17
it was p=-1 right?
I hope so.
Reply 19
If you mean the question where it said 10^p = 0.1, then yes, p = -1.

Latest

Trending

Trending