The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I'm sure last years one was something like 87.5% for an A :s-smilie:
Papaya
I'm sure last years one was something like 87.5% for an A :s-smilie:

*Sick taste returns to mouth*
For Jan 07 last year you need 63/72 for an A, so yeah.
Glutamic Acid
For Jan 07 last year you need 63/72 for an A, so yeah.

Hmmm. Has it ever been 80%?
adamscybot
Hmmm. Has it ever been 80%?

Well 80% is 57.6 marks :p: I'd imagine it's been around 80 several times as ideally, that's what I think the exam boards would like it to be.
Glutamic Acid
Well 80% is 57.6 marks :p: I'd imagine it's been around 80 several times as ideally, that's what I think the exam boards would like it to be.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lets hope for the best.
DaveyBoy06
You have the answer sheet??

Oops, I meant the question sheet.
Reply 187
At least I wasn't the only one to find that an exceptionally difficult paper... I felt I was doing fine until question 6 at which point I started having conflicting ideas about what was correct and what was not, but looking at those answers I have made some daft mistakes... I am sure the coffee I had an hour before didn't help my concentration levels in the slightest either, although the beatles song I had stuck in my head did seem to =S
Looked back on last three examiners reports and I'm afraid I was incorrect - the boundaries on Core 1 have been moving about a bit.

June 2006 56/72 (78%)

Jan 2007 63/72 (88%)

June 2007 60/72 (83%)

Historically, they were more stable than this. This was a mid-difficulty paper so I would expect it to be closer to 80% than 88%.
Reply 189
in my opinion this paper was harder than the june 2006

So hopefully looking at the above boundaries will be looking at 78% for an A
3107a
in my opinion this paper was harder than the june 2006

So hopefully looking at the above boundaries will be looking at 78% for an A

I hope that is the case (because people are finding this harder), although something is telling me 80-83%. I think anymore would be unfair.
Reply 191
my teacher said that this is one of the hardest papers she's soon
and she says they will more then likely adjust the grade boundary accordingly, probably to around 78%
^ Sounds great :smile:
Reply 193
Maybe I've scraped an A then, don't think I really deserve it on this paper because I didn't do any work in preparation for it.

All the same don't think I've got over 90% like I was hoping for, if I do get an A it will probably be right on the boundary.
what about the question about: for which values of x does the function decrease as x increases?
jakestacey01
what about the question about: for which values of x does the function decrease as x increases?

It's basically saying for which values of x is the gradient negative.
You can look at the range of values between max/min points or just solve dy/dx < 0.
Hi, I don't know if this has already been posted in the thread but does anyone have the answers for question number 3? It's bugging me because I put down answers but I don't know if they were right lol.
a = 3, b = 18, c = -17
Hold on, wait, what was the original equation? 3x^2+bx-10 or 3x^2+bx+10?
3x^2 + bx + 10.

Latest

Trending

Trending