The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

do you think ill get any of the 5 marks if i got the stupid signs the wrong way round?

e.g. it should be .... x = -1 and x = -0.5

and i put .... x = 1 and x = 0.5
Reply 41
deathrow
Thats right, thats what i got.
Did you substitute x^3 as y, then multiply by y to get rid of it underneath. Then got 1/8 and 1. Thats what i did.

wasnt it x^1/3 as y? and i got 1/8 and 1 as well
Reply 42
r_patel91
wasnt it x^1/3 as y? and i got 1/8 and 1 as well

yeah thats what i meant sorry
I'm glad I got most of the answers most of you are bringing up here. I found that paper considerably more challenging than any past paper I did before.

For one of the simplified surds one, did everyone get -4 + /6 and -4 + -/6?
(note: / = root)
Reply 44
!MEna
I'm glad I got most of the answers most of you are bringing up here. I found that paper considerably more challenging than any past paper I did before.

*** yes!
thought i got that wrong
Reply 45
!MEna

ye was that the one where you had 2 sketch the graph with where is crosses the y axis ?
Reply 46
!MEna

Yes I'm sure I got that too :biggrin:
Reply 47
yer thas right and for 10ii it was -.5 and -1 for definate :biggrin:
Man that paper was easier than i thought it was going to be looking at past papers.

and the circle one?? i mean that was easy than what i thought it was going to be. the perpendicular question was good but i made a mistake and found out that they werent perpendicular in the end, and luckily changed it hehe. looking at what people got i have at least got 90% :smile:

and yer that stationary point one was a **tch lol but it turned out to be (1/3, 76/27) and (-1,4) i think but is that right??

revising for ocr chemistry :| so failed lol
Reply 48
biggles123
question 10 part ii was something like: solve f(x) = -9 and then it was a disguised quadratic wasn't it? i got x=1/2 and x=1 ..... but apparently they're wrong....

what does everyone else think?

*******s! I knew it'd be something like that. Instead of doing f(x) = -9 I basically just did f(-9). I can work out how to do it now:

Spoiler

Bleh. What I did was this

Spoiler

...which is wrong. Oh wellll it was only worth 5 marks :P
Reply 49
anybody reckon they have 100% because if you do i would like to know the answers hehe
I think I've got 70/72. Which isn't bad, but not 100%
Reply 51
ooo what you think you got 2 marks dropped form glutamic acid? and ouch 5 marks could mean you didn't make your desired grade nowadays man
4ii) I just had 3 as my answer, it should be +/- 3.
8ii) when finding one of the values of y I made a sign error.

Rather annoying as those aren't supposed to be the 'hard' bits.
Reply 53
.Adrian.
ooo what you think you got 2 marks dropped form glutamic acid? and ouch 5 marks could mean you didn't make your desired grade nowadays man

I know, and if I don't I'll resit in June, but it's still 89% (I'm pretty confident I got the rest of it right).
Reply 54
Glutamic Acid
4ii) I just had 3 as my answer, it should be +/- 3.
8ii) when finding one of the values of y I made a sign error.

Rather annoying as those aren't supposed to be the 'hard' bits.

same mistakes!! hopefully not a lot more!
Reply 55
oh damn what was 4ii?

i think i did that as well :P

but ye i think i got 70/72
On Q.10 Part i.) Did you just have to differentiate twice ?
Right, I completely screwed up question 6(had 4 +/- square root of 6 down at first though, damn), couldn't find an answer for the quadratic equation of the simultaneous equation question, and didn't get the very last 5 marks question either. Oh, and looks like I've got the Y values for the minimum/maximum points question wrong as well. :frown:
Reply 58
.Adrian.
oh damn what was 4ii?

i think i did that as well :P

but ye i think i got 70/72

it was where you had 2 find k
Reply 59
Billyboy02
On Q.10 Part i.) Did you just have to differentiate twice ?

yes i think

Latest

Trending

Trending