The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

English at KCL

I haven't heard anything yet, I've been acknowledged but that's about it. I'm very insecure about my grades at the moment, got 2As and a B at AS level (we only take 3 because we also do the Welsh Baccalaureate in place of a 4th). It was a high B (in Biology) but I got an E in one module, which stopped me getting an A. I'm predicted 3 As at A2 and the Welsh Baccalaureate (worth 120 UCAS points so hoping they'll accept it as an AS level at least). On my UCAS form though I put my individual modules, and I'm scared they'll see the E and automatically assume I got AAC or AAD. I'm so angry at myself for getting such a bad grade in that module, I never get Es. I resat it yesterday and hopefully improved. But I'm worried it's messed up my chances and I won't get any offers. Do you think I still have a chance with KCL?
Reply 1
Your English grade is the most important factor.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I got an A, 97% average across the modules, plus distinction in the AEA (I took it alongside my AS levels).

Wow!
Well I didn't get a 97% average and I got in :smile:

When did you send your application off?
Reply 4
Early October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown:
It's been ages and I haven't heard from anywhere (except Oxford rejecting me pre-interview).

Ahhh, i see.

Well try not to worry: I'm sure you'll hear from them soon :smile:
Perhaps they are holding back until the 15th deadline.
Who knows! :dontknow:

Still doesn't change the fact that (grades wise) you are in a strong position.
Reply 6
I think your very high English marks give you a very good chance.

Latest