The Student Room Group

The Duke Of Edinburgh's Award's Society

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, good on you. There is no point doing it if you are unhappy. :frown:
Reply 81
Ouch this thread went a bit cold. So when are we doing our expeditions?
hmm, not sure. I think we are planning my expeditions at my next scout meeting on Monday night.
Reply 83
wizard710
hmm, not sure. I think we are planning my expeditions at my next scout meeting on Monday night.

Ye, were having a massive argument atm with our leader. It all seems to be going pete tong for some reason :confused: :frown:
If i've lost my activity log, can i download another one from somewhere?

The D of E website seems to be having a hissy fit.
Reply 85
Kagutsuchi
If i've lost my activity log, can i download another one from somewhere?

The D of E website seems to be having a hissy fit.

Aye its pathetic their website, luckily i have everything on my hard drive, so which section you doing and ill attach it.
TKnightrider
Aye its pathetic their website, luckily i have everything on my hard drive, so which section you doing and ill attach it.

I need all the logs :frown:

shall i PM you my e-mail? :wink:
Reply 87
Kagutsuchi
I need all the logs :frown:

shall i PM you my e-mail? :wink:

i see, tell you what al post it to the world, someone else might need it ^^
Reply 88
On the topic does anyone need any help with anything else. I may just be able to help.
TKnightrider
i see, tell you what al post it to the world, someone else might need it ^^

Amazing :adore:

rep tommorow. :dh:
Reply 90
Kagutsuchi
Amazing :adore:

rep tommorow. :dh:

anytime mate anytime :smile:
Reply 91
sugar_cane
It would be interesting if there was a platinum! hehe!

we were discussing this on our Gold expedition and decided it'd have to be across the sahara or to the north pole or through the amazon. :biggrin:
God, just come back from a two night camp with the first night -5c and last night -7c. It was far too cold. Wouldn't like to go across the sahara or the amazon thought cos then you would be too hot.
Reply 93
wizard710
God, just come back from a two night camp with the first night -5c and last night -7c. It was far too cold. Wouldn't like to go across the sahara or the amazon thought cos then you would be too hot.

ohh jesus. That is bad ass. I remember us doing a walk in a gales with driving rain, we had two inches of wet in out tent. That was a moral killer ^^
Reply 94
Keiraaa
we were discussing this on our Gold expedition and decided it'd have to be across the sahara or to the north pole or through the amazon. :biggrin:

Aye that would be really good. I'd be up for it ^^
TKnightrider
ohh jesus. That is bad ass. I remember us doing a walk in a gales with driving rain, we had two inches of wet in out tent. That was a moral killer ^^

And like just got back and wanting for a bit of moral support and stuff and my friend just goes, that is nothing, I have done it down to -10
Reply 96
wizard710
And like just got back and wanting for a bit of moral support and stuff and my friend just goes, that is nothing, I have done it down to -10

HAHA now that is a pisser. I tell you -10 is painful. Viscous.
Morning all, was wondering if you'd mind me joining.
Did my bronze, silver and gold and became an expedition instructor and supervisor, helped run the DofE unit back at uni (UW Swansea as was).
Now up in Scotland, just to the east of Inverness, and trying to get back involved with the award in the local area.
Reply 98
mountainmetman
Morning all, was wondering if you'd mind me joining.
Did my bronze, silver and gold and became an expedition instructor and supervisor, helped run the DofE unit back at uni (UW Swansea as was).
Now up in Scotland, just to the east of Inverness, and trying to get back involved with the award in the local area.

Thanks great bud. Tell us about it all :p:
Well, did guitar, clarinet and DofE leadership as skills; kayaking, ski-ing and uni-hockey for physical, can't remember what except for first aid for service, worked on a youth activity camp for residential and did expeds in north Yorkshire, the Brecon Beacons and Ireland. Helped out on expeds in the forest of dean and the Wyre forest until I came up north. Now I'm looking for a group around here (Elgin ish) to help with.
When I was in Uni my speciality for helping was in expeditions, helped by working for Blacks for three years, including becoming one of the more qualified assistant managers with things like Gore-tex and Berghaus consultant status..
Meh, if you think I can help you, give me a line. Otherwise enjoy your time on the award.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending