The Student Room Group

The Duke Of Edinburgh's Award's Society

Hello and welcome,

This new society, if you haven't already guessed ^^ about The Duke Of Edinburgh's Award's. Please Click the latter to join the society.
This programme has allows young people, such as ourselves to meet diverse people. The opportunities it provides are fantastic and most of all, the wonderful weather the expeditions brings is second to none. :p:
We can discuss anything ranging from what Service, Skill & Sport your undertaking to what to take on your trips. Anything you like, including walking. Any Hiking issues which you would like to share, please do join in. All are welcome.

Regards

Tknightrider

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do people not with organisations get to do a gold DofE exped?
Reply 2
hey. Do you mean your not with like a uni or youth centre?
Reply 3
Yeah, exactly. The thing is, i have seen some private groups around but they are soooo expensive
Reply 4
yes i know. It unbelieveible. I did write letter but i received no reply :frown: Ye tell me have you seen in the paper or seen any youth centres in your area?
Reply 5
I didnt know you had to pay to do DofE with private clubs and stuff (except for the DofE fee) (which our DofE coordinator pays part of anyway for us!). I should hve guessed really.
Im starting my gold this year. Yay.
Reply 6
Cool me too. Were off to arran this summer ^^ woot Ohh ye guys. I have sent an application off to TSR for a soc but i have been told i need 6 members do you guys count as members and if so how do you join me ^^
Reply 7
So guys. What level are we up to?
Reply 8
completed bronze and silver, finished gold expeditions now currently working on the skills and service parts, and residential week planned for next summer :^_^:
I've got my bronze, silver and gold :proud:
Waiting to collect my badge from the Queen :yep:
Reply 10
our co-ordinator vanished...literally... :s

our group got all our silver stuff done (i even did a practice expedition with a broken collarbone)...and our final expedition had to be stopped because the weather was sooo bad...

havent seen/heard/been able to get in contact since! :redface:

my thoughts are that shes lost somewhere.......
Reply 11
Thats mint Suger Cane well done. Im doing my gold this year. Ive got my bronze and silver too. Blahh That is such a shame. You still interested in doing it?
Reply 12
yep i am! :redface: think ill wait til uni though...my 6th form is shocking when it comes to organisation of anything tbh...and exams and everything will be over :smile:
TKnightrider
Thats mint Suger Cane well done. Im doing my gold this year. Ive got my bronze and silver too. Blahh That is such a shame. You still interested in doing it?

It would be interesting if there was a platinum! hehe!
Reply 14
Sorry Lol i mean as in you want to be become a leader or something?
Reply 15
I have signed up with my school and will do the gold through my school with my mates.
TKnightrider
Sorry Lol i mean as in you want to be become a leader or something?

Is that aimed at me or Blahh?
Reply 17
Nice. ye i made my best mates through it. We go to the youthy right next to the school. How you getting on with your Gold Lamba
Reply 18
sugar_cane
Is that aimed at me or Blahh?

Was at Blahh but you too now ^^
Reply 19
So where about's are well all walking for our expeditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending