The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
woah, everyone has done so well!!!

Gosh i don't know how you guys do it....

Congratulations all of you!

I need to do lots of work

In mocks got mostly A's and B's

(P.S so glad my thread is popular :smile:)
Reply 21
I agree!! I thought my results were good unitll I saw some of yours lol!

ICT A*
Spanish A
French A
Res mat A
English lang A
History B
Maths B
English lit. C :frown:

I'm hoping to get most of them a grade up and some two!! is it possible??:rolleyes:
Of course it's possible! There's still like 4 months left until exams, so with plenty of work i'm sure you'll do well :smile:
Reply 23
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A
Physics: A*

History: A*
Geography: A*

Spanish: A*

RE: A*

---

Was pleasantly surprised by these, to be honest -- I'll be satisfied if I can manage to achieve similar grades in the actual exams (I'll be well annoyed if I do worse in the real thing, hahaa... :rolleyes:).

I haven't got my results for English language yet; I'm quite worried about that -- particularly as the fire alarm went off in paper one so I didn't finish! :frown: Only lost ten minutes or so, but I was counting on that ten minutes, you know? :mad:

We didn't take English Literature or Media Studies mocks due to not having covered the necessary material yet. Nor did we take maths mocks, as the course is modular (by fluke, I have 100% in maths so far, but there's no way I can keep that up -- nobody believes me when I say this, but I don't understand maths at all. I do terribly in class... no idea how I've managed the exams thus far! I suspect my final exam mark is going to drag down my overall grade somewhat, heh).
Reply 24
Maths - Non calc 94% - Calc 99% - Overall 97% --- A*
Eng Lang - pre 1914 poems - 26/36 - Lord of the Flies - 24/27 ---- ?
Eng Lit - ?
Biology - ?
Chemistry - ?
Physics - ?
IT - 94% - A*
Geography - ? -- A*
History ??
French 357/360 UMS A* =]
Well done on the maths, that's fantastic :biggrin:. Same with ICT :smile:.

Your English Lit..I'd say you got an A there. You got 50/63, and in my mock I got 49/63 (21/27 and 28/36....exactly same %s in both lol) and that was an A. I got an A in the real thing too =). Though I have no idea about the actual marks I got.

I hope your other results are good :smile:.
Reply 26
Maths comes naturally to me =]
French i am particulariy pleased with
English and History are haaaard
Well done everyone :smile:
Mine finish on Tuesday- my school have warned us that we will likely get 2 grades lower in the mocks than we will in the real GCSE's.
My school say we'll improve by at least a grade, and if we work very hard, then 2 grades. I reckon everyone's just taking it easy tbh, they reckon an A* is just gonna require no work at all :s-smilie:

Actually, for some lucky people, that might be the case!! :P
Reply 30
I got back some of my results today, and some turned out much higher than I expected. They were all last years papers.

By the way, I take IGCSE, not GCSE (except for Spanish and French):

Biology - A* (93%)
Physics - A* (90%)
Maths - A* (95%, and accidentally missed a 5 mark question because I didn't see it :mad:)
Spanish - A* (86%, screwed up the writing :s-smilie:)
ICT - A (71%, whoopsie)

But at the end of the day, it's the real GCSEs that matter...
Reply 31
Woah - well done everyone!

All of my predicted grades are B's and here is what I achieved in the mocks before christmas:-

English lang - B
Business Studies - B
French - A
Maths - A
Science (Single - AQA Modules) - A
Science (Additional - based on physics) - A
Geography - A*
Religious Studies - A*
DIDA - Distinction = A*

My RS was a real surprise! And I really hate DIDA - not ICT which my school conned me into taking...:mad:
English lit A*
English Lang A*
French A*
Physics A*
Bilogy A
MAths A
History A
GEography A
Music A/B
Chemistry C

Chemistry what went wrong?? were doing dual ward! completed 1st gcse got A* overall!???? Anyone think this good enogh for Oxbridge?
Well they aren't your actual GCSEs yet! You'll be able to push the C in Chemistry up & hopefully the As to A*s :smile: They'll be more than good enough for Oxbridge i reckon! xx
thnx piece by piece
my dream is 6A* and 3 As

i already have 1A* in the bag! and have got all A* in coursework and 35% out of 40 for the maths modular gcse! and silver and bronze dofe! i wanna do histiry english french and economics for a level!
Reply 36
giorgioncgs
my dream is 6A* and 3 As

i already have 1A* in the bag! and have got all A* in coursework and 35% out of 40 for the maths modular gcse! and silver and bronze dofe! i wanna do histiry english french and economics for a level!

Excellent! Keep it up! :biggrin:
Reply 37
Your not supposed to do well in your mocks, the teachers marked ours really harshly to make us work, I got:

ABCCCCDDDE

Then in the real things i got:

A*AAAAAAABB lol!

For those which do well, don't "take your foot of the gas" and for those which do badly, don't worry, just work your ass of!!
Reply 38
Did my mocks wayyy back in october/november
and they were TOUGH
pretty pleased with my results though

they don't give us percentages but i was told i got the equivalent of (weird school marking system):

English Literature: A*
English: A*
French: A*
RS: A*
Chemistry: A*
Latin: A*
Physics: A
Biology: A
History: A
Maths: B
:smile:))
English: A