The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
prash_s90
Is everyone prepared for this exam. Any questions or help needed can be posted here, and provide us with all your teachers evaluation wisdom to us lol. Im sure it will help everyone :smile:

good luck on thursday

Yo!
I'm ready for it!
But does anyone know of good model answers or examples for C type questions?
I usually get 12 or 13 marks, need 15 :-P
Reply 2
Getting down to some serious revision now, I really need (close to) full marks on this resit :O

Question: What affects the price elasticity demand for a good?
Reply 3
RJA
Getting down to some serious revision now, I really need (close to) full marks on this resit :O

What did you get first time round?
Reply 4
Unit 1 = 82/105
Unit 2 = 81/105
Unit 3 = 66/90
Reply 5
RJA

Erm... like... everything :smile:

1) Type of the good
2) Substitutes / complements
3) Addictive or not? (cigarettes = highly inelastic demand)

More, in detail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_elasticity_of_demand
Reply 6
Vykis
Yo!
I'm ready for it!
But does anyone know of good model answers or examples for C type questions?
I usually get 12 or 13 marks, need 15 :-P

theres that really good unit book by ray powell. It has model answers on it. But what i saw that the canditate only wrote about 2 paraagraphs for (c) and he got full marks
Reply 7
prash_s90
theres that really good unit book by ray powell. It has model answers on it. But what i saw that the canditate only wrote about 2 paraagraphs for (c) and he got full marks

Now if someone gave an online version... :P
Reply 8
prash_s90

O.o What ?!?!

Could you type out this answer and question??
Reply 9
are you serious none of you have read it. Its specifically for AQA aswell. My friend read it for unit 3 and got 100% somehow..http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Economics-AQA-Markets-Failure/dp/0860039188

thats the link to buy it. I think you should def buy it before exams
Reply 10
prash_s90
are you serious none of you have read it. Its specifically for AQA aswell. My friend read it for unit 3 and got 100% somehow..http://www.amazon.co.uk/AS-Economics-AQA-Markets-Failure/dp/0860039188

thats the link to buy it. I think you should def buy it before exams

Exam = Thursday
Delively = not necessarily next day
:P
Reply 11
Vykis
Exam = Thursday
Delively = not necessarily next day

:P

lol take ome rep
Reply 12
how to answer that darn 15 mark question, i got 9/15 in my practice test. i got 12/15 on the multiple choice. overall i got 25 marks, 5 away from an A, considering i made a mistakes on the A and B, thought i done quite well. It was the buffer stocks schemes which i really hate anyway, it is the hardest in that unit.
I really hope something on monopoly appears, i'd ace it, having done it hundreds and thousands of times.

Af for the multiple choice questions i've been getting 13/15 consistently and around 22/25 for the data questions.

Give me those marks in the real exam and i'd bite you;re right arm off.
Reply 14
Legend Killer
I really hope something on monopoly appears, i'd ace it, having done it hundreds and thousands of times.

Af for the multiple choice questions i've been getting 13/15 consistently and around 22/25 for the data questions.

Give me those marks in the real exam and i'd bite you;re right arm off.

15/15 if you understand the difference between "your" and "you're" :wink:
Reply 15
yep monopoly would be an amazing question to come up, even better would be something on smoking or alcohol related. I hope buffer stocks dont come up, as im not going to revise all that again.
the easiest part c questions are the ones where they just ask you to give advantages and disadvantages of something, hope one like that comes up!
Reply 17
sunilamg
the easiest part c questions are the ones where they just ask you to give advantages and disadvantages of something, hope one like that comes up!

that comes with high grade boundaries :P
Reply 18
yes i hope something on cigarettes or achol comes up, its soo much easier than 'buffer stocks'
Reply 19
Cigarettes has already been done, so doubt it.

Perhaps obesity as the topic.

Latest

Trending

Trending