The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've heard it fits in with the colour scheme of the refitted stores.

Time will tell...
our store is getting a refit at the moment so will it be likely that we will have to have the new uniforms?
Reply 22
davireland
our store is getting a refit at the moment so will it be likely that we will have to have the new uniforms?

Quite possibly. We are not a priority to get a refit i think! is yours the one outside of guildford?
yep, i work at the Burpham store (the one just outside Guildford), our refit starts on the 28th of January and will be finished in August at a cost of 10.5 million quid.
Reply 24
davireland
yep, i work at the Burpham store (the one just outside Guildford), our refit starts on the 28th of January and will be finished in August at a cost of 10.5 million quid.

HOW MUCH!?!?! Sainsbury's don't do anything by half lol!

How long does the store close for? Are they extending or anything aswell?
Reply 25
My store is just crap... end of!
Reply 26
We started wearing the new uniform last week. It's not very nice to be honest
It's a plum polo shirt with small orange stripe around the collar, plum jumper, plum blouse, trousers, shirt and tie which obviously you have the option of which ones you want, the same format as before but with different colours and the blouse now dosent have the fruit and veg on it (i think), You also have the option of a jacket type fleccy thing which zips up with a massive sainsburys logo on the back of it . I went for the polo shirt and jumper with trousers which is fine really (except for the colour). We also get new name badges which have black outlining instead of blue, because the blue ones don't really go with the plum clothes.
And if you work on Deli, you have a BRIGHT orange Apron and hat, which im sure they're thrilled about :biggrin:
Reply 27
Oh damn.... no black polo shirts!! I was wrong!!

Maybe im lucky my store isn't being refitted!
Our store isnt closing at all, the refit will go on from monday to the middle of August, we are getting a TU, STY and Homeshop because we arent the biggest store in the region. So how we are going to cope with banging and drilling, i dont know. Fingers crossed i dont get that new uniform.
Does anyone know for certain whether Sainsbury's will employ 15 year olds?
Reply 30
davireland
Does anyone know for certain whether Sainsbury's will employ 15 year olds?

Yes, mine does.
Reply 31
Yeh I was 15 when I started :smile:
Reply 32
I'm at uni and looking for a job. Does anybody know how 'student friendly' Sainsburys are?
e.g. can you get time off easily, and can you temporarily transfer to a different store in the holidays? that sort of thing?

Thanks
Reply 33
Sainsburys are usually quite good with students at uni
You can move to other stores and change hours quite easily to accomodate your study and theres differnet contracts to suit your needs. But sometimes out of experience they can be quite picky about hours and try to persuade you to work hours that suit them obviously to accommodate business needs, but most of the time their fine about it. You get quite a bit of holiday which is on a 'use it or lose it' basis, you just tick the boxes you want off and the manager authourises it, but try to get the forms in asap so that they dont say no to your request.
Hope this helps, any other q's just ask :smile:
this aint really a sainsburys question but id like to try anyway lol! i just got a job at morrisons, my first job ever!! i like it!
i got induciton on sat and the lady said casual dress, what does this mean? what did you guys wear? and do i get paid? im guessin it would be the same as its a similar type of store
Reply 35
At my induction at sainsburys, I did get paid for it.
At my induction i wore black trousers, a white t-shirt and a brown jumper, Other people on my induction just work jeans and a hoody. It dosent really matter just go in what you feel comfortable in. Chances are ,if your induction is the same as mine at sainsburys, you'll just be in a room watchin videos and filling out forms and questionaires, gettin your uniform, meeting other colleagues, and walking round the shop floor for a bit getting used to where everything is etc
kool whats it like working in a supermarket? im going to be on grocery, do you just be by yourself talking to customers every so often?
i like it, im 17 still so i dont think they will let me work on the tills yet!
Reply 38
I'm only 16 and i work on tills lol
=) i like it, i thought u had to be 18 to sell the booze n stuff

Latest

Trending

Trending