The Student Room Group

Avoid Bannits like the plague

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MSB
Have you made sure that your house isn't on fire?

I'm not to blame for bumping this four year old thread but I'm glad to see that you are still around on TSM to receive well deserved and extremely belated rep for the above post :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by shoshin
I'm not to blame for bumping this four year old thread but I'm glad to see that you are still around on TSM to receive well deserved and extremely belated rep for the above post :smile:

Maybe they haven't fixed it yet.
Reply 22
Original post by Clip
Maybe they haven't fixed it yet.

I believe that 4 years is still well within Bannits' customer satisfaction targets :smile:
Reply 23
In college all three years!

Reply 24
They're rubbish. To put it simply.
Rude and don't fix broken things.
Reply 25
oh well too late :s-smilie:
I also recommend avoiding North Oxford Property Services. A number of my friends have had terrible things to say about them, they've even been blacklisted by a few colleges (Somerville for example I think), and when I was being shown a property they lied to us twice to try and get the sale (which they didn't!), such as claiming that no letting agent in Oxford gave professional lettings (rather than student ones) to graduate students when we raised the issue.
Please steer clear of them.

They are slow to produce contracts, they charge excessive fees for the slightest amendment, (£50 to change a name on a word document); they will not answer phone calls or emails; they are incompetent to the point of lunacy and then attempt to charge you for their own incompetency.

They are surly, arrogant and dishonest. I was told three times in two days that monies I had transferred to their account could not be traced and therefore they would withold keys to the propety. As a result I handed over credit card details and incurred extra fees. I was then told it would take two weeks to return the funds I had paid twice, unless, of course, I paid extra fees to have the money transferred more quickly.

Don't bother complaining to the manager - she's the worst one there.

By way of contrast the landlord verified within two minutes that the monies I had transferred were, indeed, in their account and arranged a same day transfer back to my account at no cost.

Quick Reply

Latest