The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Bekaboo
Is any1 else having trouble trying to apply for Bio + Math JH? Not least cos there r only about 6 unis that do them - some of which want AAB and some of which want CDD!! Feedback??
Bekaboo x

You could apply to unis for Mathematics, who have a flexible course. At some unis u could just have to do 75% of 1st yr and 50% of 2nd and 3rd yr on Maths and the rest on Any subject that you like (your 2ndary choice)
So u could apply for MMath and do 50% of ur course on biology.
Don't narrow ur choices just becasue the name of the degree isn't MAths and Biology.
A good example would be Warwick. Read up on it/ask the admissions tutors.They do alot of research on the use of Maths in Biology.
hope that helps.
Bekaboo
Is any1 else having trouble trying to apply for Bio + Math JH? Not least cos there r only about 6 unis that do them - some of which want AAB and some of which want CDD!! Feedback??
Bekaboo x

A lot of unis might not have it in their list of subjects offered, but it doesn't mean they won't do it - however, if the two departments have no history of producing JH students then it will be more difficult.
Reply 3
Hehe well i'd love to apply to Warwick for Maths but in case you're not aware you need an A in maths, an A in further maths and a distinction in the Step Tests to get in.... and unfortunately further math + bio rnt timetableable at my school - which really annoys me:
There is ONE person in the further maths class, my mate Jon
Further maths clashes with Biology, and if i moved into the over biology class then THAT wud clash with regular maths lessons, which i have to be in even though i work separately from the class
We have frees at the same time so they cud hav run the course during that option block
We've both just taught ourselves AS maths and got solid As.
So yeh at any rate despite the fact that it's perfectly feasible, i wasn't allowed to take Further Maths so i can't apply for Warwick!

But anyway now i've had my little rant i do know what you mean - like i visited leeds (who do run Bio + Math JH btw) and they basically said come! build your own degree! study whatever you want!! 'Twas quite fun!!

Bekaboo x

Warwick ask for step? Flippin 'eck!
Reply 5
ChemistBoy
Warwick ask for step? Flippin 'eck!

Yes Or AEA.

Warwick has been asking for AAA since 1996!

Latest

Trending

Trending