The Student Room Group

Blood Brothers

For our drama and theatre studies productionat college, we have to perform a piece that has already been scripted, and make it our own through the directing of it.

We have chosen to do Willy Russel's Blood Brothers. However, we are stuck on how to make it different.

We can't make it into a childrens play or pantomime, clearly, and we are a bit stuck on how we could make it different to how it is already being performed.

In a nutshell, we have to perform it differently to how it was intended, using only the script provided.

If anybody is imaginative or creative and has any ideas, we would really appreciatte if you list them here.

Thanks for any help you give in advance,

Jevo90
What about doing it in Shakespear language or making it like old woldy, costumes and everything. That could be cool.. might get a bit tedious though.
I hear no end of Blood Brothers, the accent is starting to drill.. [no offence Liverpool.. but I like my home counties accent!] my boyfriends playing Micky in the school show and now thinks hes gods gift.
xx
Reply 2
Lol I'm playing Mickey too - hes the best lol.
Shakespeare is an idea, sounds good... will have to check on whether it could be done or not because we have to use the exact script, and not add words... so not sure if that would be classed as using the exact script.
xx
Ohh.. hmm.. thats a difficult one.
You could change it and do it in different accents and in a different culture. I dont know.. something like Japanese could be fun lol. Or the obvious one being american.
xx

Latest