The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
chris1200
Well, actually it was the main point of my first post!
which is precisely why i said you were misinformed.
Reply 21
jayad
your a levels are fine don't worry. just focus on getting A grades, doing well on the LNAT and communicating your desire and ability in interviews. :smile:

it wasn't scary, no. it was just an interesting and stimulating chat.

thanks for the advice

sorry my questions have caused so much disagreement!!:smile:
Reply 22
chris1200
So you don't agree that Law is very difficult to get on, and if one wants to get into Journalism later on, a degree that's easier to get on (and probably more useful) is not a better way to go as it will mean you're more likely to get into Oxbridge and be better prepared?

:smile:

your prime argument was that not having legal career plans would disadvantage one from being admitted to study law at oxbridge. i disagreed and explained why.

you also assess what's 'right' for the OP by discussing the evident competition surrounding law only. this doesn't have anything to do with making another degree more useful as you suggest.
Reply 23
chris1200
It's hardly your fault!

Your subjects are fine for Law - just make sure it's the right degree for you, yeah? :smile:

yeh i will- thanks for the help:smile: :smile:
Reply 24
chbutterfly
thanks for the advice

sorry my questions have caused so much disagreement!!:smile:
not at all. more enlightenment. feel free to PM me if you ever need.
Reply 25
Politics, Philosophy, English Lit and German (Crit. Thinking AS)
I didn't do any work experience, neither were they interested in whether I wanted to practice law. I have quite a few friends doing law degrees who have never had any intention in a legal career and I see nothing wrong with that. I imagine that a Law degree opens many doors and I admire people that keep their options open! So I really encourage you to research your options well and be positive. Your subjects sound fine to me, so just make sure you get the best advice possible, and at the end of the day do what you think will make you happy and best equip you. :-)
Reply 26
Emmaleuk
Politics, Philosophy, English Lit and German (Crit. Thinking AS)
I didn't do any work experience, neither were they interested in whether I wanted to practice law. I have quite a few friends doing law degrees who have never had any intention in a legal career and I see nothing wrong with that. I imagine that a Law degree opens many doors and I admire people that keep their options open! So I really encourage you to research your options well and be positive. Your subjects sound fine to me, so just make sure you get the best advice possible, and at the end of the day do what you think will make you happy and best equip you. :-)

how about mine, history eng lit, geog, maths AS, use of maths AS (doing currently) and AS critical thinking?

what subjects did you take, or have you alerady said that

sos, thanks:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending