The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We haven't done anything on it in lesson, but I believe tomorrow we are breifly going over it. I think AQA realises how little there is on this subject, and therefore decides not to include it in the exams.. However they insist on keeping it on the syllabus just to worry us all :P
Reply 2
GodspeedGehenna
We haven't done anything on it in lesson, but I believe tomorrow we are breifly going over it. I think AQA realises how little there is on this subject, and therefore decides not to include it in the exams.. However they insist on keeping it on the syllabus just to worry us all :P

so i shouldnt worry too much since im not gonna do it lol
monica7790
so i shouldnt worry too much since im not gonna do it lol

Yeah I wouldnt worry.. But although it hasnt been on any of the past papers, its still on the syllabus, so they can put it on the exam paper if they feel mean.
Reply 4
GodspeedGehenna
Yeah I wouldnt worry.. But although it hasnt been on any of the past papers, its still on the syllabus, so they can put it on the exam paper if they feel mean.

mmm very true that what im worried about. last year at my school 8 students got As which really doesnt happen often at my school and my teacher said the 'right' Qs came up. i hope theyre not really mean this year. im finding it so difficult to remember everything. which topics are you doing? i got sleep and dreaming, this personality thing lol and aggression. yesterday i spent 3 hours learning personality and this morning i didnt rememmber most of it although im usually great at memorising things. im really worried about htis exam im aiming for a C lol
monica7790
mmm very true that what im worried about. last year at my school 8 students got As which really doesnt happen often at my school and my teacher said the 'right' Qs came up. i hope theyre not really mean this year. im finding it so difficult to remember everything. which topics are you doing? i got sleep and dreaming, this personality thing lol and aggression. yesterday i spent 3 hours learning personality and this morning i didnt rememmber most of it although im usually great at memorising things. im really worried about htis exam im aiming for a C lol

We're doing Pro/Anti-Social Behavior, Biological Rhythms and Evolutionary Psychology. There is far too much to remember in this syllabus :frown:
OMG, I was just going to post this up aswell!

Yeh, its strange as its never been asked and it would take a burden of me if i wasn;t to revise this question.

Im worried they might just feel mean though. Wonder why it hasn't been asked before?

It's still on the syllabus aswell
I've decided im not gonna revise it, and as one of the posters has already mentioned, there is very little content to revise on the topic so I wouldn't really worry to much.

I'm doing relationships, pro and anti social behavior and personality development.

Im around 90% confident on relationships, 85% confident on pro and anti social behavior and around 70% with personality development.
Legend Killer

Im worried they might just feel mean though. Wonder why it hasn't been asked before?

It's still on the syllabus aswell

It hasnt actually been asked before because there is so little on the topic in the resources - I dont know why its still on the syllabus.
How likely is it that they will ask it this January?
Legend Killer
How likely is it that they will ask it this January?

Well, I don't think its ever come up.. (Dont quote me on that).. But I'm not sure if thats basis to say "Oh well it will never come up then" or "Oh **** that means its likely to come up very soon." It's just pretty hard to tell.

I think if it did come up, so many people would do terribly, and the examiners know that. (If it did, I would automatically decide to retake it in June)
Yeh they actually have NEVER asked this question before and deciding now to do so could be a huge mistake, as everyone will do terribly.
Reply 12
hi
in jan 07 there was a Q on media influences on anti socal beh
and in june 07 there was one on altrusism and bystander beh, is there any point really stressing about those two if they came up recently? i know the altrusim/bystander studies well however im not so great on media influeces on anti social beh.
I'm not that confident on media influences on anti- or pro-social behaviour so would prefer neither of them to come up. :p: How often do they repeat a question the following year (if it's common do they just re-word it?)?
In pro and anti social behavior I think they're more likely to ask media influence on PRO social behavior this time round. If not that, then probably envirionmental factors i.e tempreature, noise, crowding?
Environmental factors wouldn't be that bad, media on pro-social would though.
Reply 16
yer i really like the environmental factors one. lol im so sad but its the easiest!
if you'redoing sleep and dreaming how are you getting on? any predictions for this exam? and does anyone know what came up june07?
I'm doing sleep and dreaming, not that confident on it. I wouldn't mind a question about sleep deprivation (but knowing my luck that probably came up on the last exam).
Reply 18
Ten Sixty Six
I'm doing sleep and dreaming, not that confident on it. I wouldn't mind a question about sleep deprivation (but knowing my luck that probably came up on the last exam).

by sleep deprivation do u mean jet lag/ shift work. or is there a topic all about sleep deprivation omg i think im losing the plot with all this psy.
I've got a sleep deprivation essay here which mentions Peter Tripp and Randy Gardner etc who were both sleep deprived.

Latest

Trending

Trending