The Student Room Group

Now depressed and in need of urgent help

I have been looking into a transfer and when I finally emailed the admissions tutor, they sent me a email saying that I should go via ucas and send them a covering letter with my syllabus.

Now I have not been in touch with my 6th form since last summer as I was so fed up and got in via clearing so I doubt they even know what I am doing.

If I was to do a ucas application now, where on earth would I get my reference from?. Also hasnt the date to apply closed today :frown:

please help me

Scroll to see replies

yes it did officially but i am more then sure that you can call UCAS/UNis and ask if they have any place left and would they accept you.. but you have to have a good reason .
If you are looking to transfer into the second year then the deadline isn't really important.

If you appling for first year then deadline is 12.00pm tonight for equal consideration. You can apply after then, although the universities don't have to consider you, some might. You can get a reference from your tutor or at university or re-use the one from last year.
Reply 3
see I still think I have the reference from last year somewhere on my pc. Can I attach that on ucas, I mean doesnt the teacher have to?!

Well I am just looking for a transfer, not 1st year or 2nd year at present.
Reply 4
If you're going to apply, apply as an individual you can plonk the reference in with their details. Hopefully you have the Personal Statement too? That will take no time at all. You've still got till midnight. Just remember to pay too.
Reply 5
See I have just been told that there are 2 deadlines, today and 30th june, what on earth does this mean lol. Yeah so If I have the reference I can attach it and just send it off instead of bloody sending it like last year?
Reply 6
Why don't you phone the uni that told you to go through UCAS and explain your situation and ask them what you should do, you don't want to go wrong now.
Reply 7
I am little confused as to what your uni mean by telling them to get in touch with UCAS and send your syllabus. It might be different for a transfer.

However, if they mean reapply you'll need to do it by tonight.
pidgey
See I have just been told that there are 2 deadlines, today and 30th june, what on earth does this mean lol. Yeah so If I have the reference I can attach it and just send it off instead of bloody sending it like last year?

The 15th of Jan is for equal consideration. There will still be places on courses, and you can apply for them basically.

The 30th of June is the deadline for which you can apply for the 2008 cycle. Basically, Unis may not have places for the courses you are applying for and so you do not have the same amount of chance of getting in.

Even if you were to apply on the 16th of Jan you would not get equal consideration - your form would probably be put to the bottom of the pile you see...
Reply 9
The woman has said she will still consider me except I cant find my bloody reference
Reply 10
There are two UCAS deadlines: today and 30th June. Up until today, Universities are required to review all applications that they receive. After today, it is at the discretion of the University if they review the form or not.

I will review forms that I receive up until the end of March. As it takes about two weeks to reach me, my advice is to get your application in before the end of February 2008.

This is the email I got. I have got my ps from last year, Should I change it or keep it the same?
I emailed my old tutor asking for my reference but what if she says no :frown:
Reply 11
Well you've got a blessing, but I think you will end up at the bottom of a pile for consideration.

We can't make all the decisions for you here. If you think the PS is good and up-to-date, keep it. If not, change it.
I would mention in my PS why I want to transfer, personally. Not sure if that's actually advisable, but it seems like a sensible idea.
Reply 13
what about my reference, see I have found a version of my reference on paper, but its not on my pc?, Shall I just type out whats on the paper into a word document?
Reply 14
readjono
Well you've got a blessing, but I think you will end up at the bottom of a pile for consideration.
We can't make all the decisions for you here. If you think the PS is good and up-to-date, keep it. If not, change it.

thanks for your confidence boost:rolleyes:
Reply 15
What did you want me to say? :frown: As much as it might pain you, it's a known fact. You're lucky you are getting a chance, you thought it closed earlier! There's a reason for having a deadline today.
Reply 16
The Admissions Tutors will be happy to consider and application from you. Please include full details of your modules studied on your application form. Please note that we are likely to ask for a 60% average for year 1 of your University programme.

just got this email from someone else. How the hell can I put my modules on ucas?
As long as you send it before midnight tonight you WILL get equal consideration with all other applicants.
Reply 18
I am not going to send it tonight, thats a certain, I hvent got a reference. I am going to send it after and the admissions tutors email seems to say that wont be a major problem.
Reply 19
Why did you leave it so late to decide anyway?

Latest

Trending

Trending