The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone remember what they put down for the regression question?

What was your y=mx+c ?
Reply 81
i wrote its a weak correlation, no set pattern and waffled about other stuff
i dont understand for the histogram if you got 12 as your final answer then frequency density was 1.2, didnt look anywhere near over one on the graph or was the graph not accurate?
Reply 83
edward_wells90
Does anyone remember what they put down for the regression question?

What was your y=mx+c ?

8.89 n 7.73 or something
Reply 84
gj3
i dont understand for the histogram if you got 12 as your final answer then frequency density was 1.2, didnt look anywhere near over one on the graph or was the graph not accurate?

Apparantly if you worked out the frequencies for all the other groups as well it came to 70 and the question said that there were 140 runners, so you had to multiply it by 2 to get the actualy number of runners. I done 6, but I think the answer would be 12 because they wouldn't make a 5 mark question that easy!
y= -200 sumfin + sumfin x
for the regression i got something like:

y = 8.something + 7.73x ... anyone else get that???
Reply 87
TaChYcArDiA
for the regression i got something like:

y = 8.something + 7.73x ... anyone else get that???

Yh I got that
M.A.H
8.89 n 7.73 or something

yo yo i got that too!! BRAP BRAP!!!
guess i'm retaking
Is anyone else really pissed off @ the histogram question?

Cuz never in my life have I seen a question like that, its ALWAYS frequency = freq. density x class width. Thats the whole bloody point of a histogram! Its not supposed to be like, work out the frequency for the every box and then find that value, then we have to make it proportional to the total frequency, thus every frequency in each box also has to be multiplied... blah blah blah thats a screwed up question!

Yes i put down 6.
how many marks do you need for a B
Reply 92
edward_wells90

Cuz never in my life have I seen a question like that, its ALWAYS frequency = freq. density x class width. Thats the whole bloody point of a histogram! Its not supposed to be like, work out the frequency for the every box and then find that value, then we have to make it proportional to the total frequency, thus every frequency in each box also has to be multiplied... blah blah blah thats a screwed up question!

Yes i put down 6.

Yh, I don't think that question was fair either. I haven't ever come across a question like that in the edexcel textbook or past exam question so I just left the answer as 6 because f.d x class width should equal frequency. But well done to the people who got it right! :smile:
Reply 93
edward_wells90

Yes i put down 6.

looooooooooool yup i got 6 too didnt realise, i didnt even read the Q properly (I blame tooo many past papers)
the whole point of that question was to test if people realised that the area under the histogram is proportional to the frequency the histogram represents or displays...if this was your first line of working then all the other steps flowed from it...
Reply 95
gj3
how many marks do you need for a B

53 I think
Reply 96
Hi,

125, 160, 169, 171, 175, 186, 210, 243, 250, 258, 390, 420
these are the values after sorting them out (I think)

to work out the right term for q1 = (1/4)*12 = 3
3 is an intenger
therefore you take the average value of the third and the fourth term
so 0.5*(169+171)= 170
so q1= 170

I ve used similar methods to work out the other quartiles:
q2= 198
q3= 254

I am not sure if this is correct but that is how i did it:smile:
might be wrong though :p:
Did anyone else did 388.5 for the outliers lower boundary thing?

For the upper quartile, lower quartile and median thing:

Q1Q_1 = 171 / Q2Q_2 = 210 / Q3Q_3 = 258

Q12Q2+Q3Q3Q1\frac{Q_1 - 2 Q_2 + Q_3}{Q_3 - Q_1}

1712(210)+258258171=0.103(3sf)\frac{171 - 2 (210) + 258}{258 - 171} = 0.103 (3sf)

^^ Did anyone else get this?
ye
not sure how that bit was meant to be done...

Latest

Trending

Trending