The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
was so piss easy, that answer was 12; took me ages though. I added them all up, got 70 so i x the 6 by 2 to get 12
Reply 2
Damn! Lost a few marks there, I wrote the f.d x class width = frequency equation and got 6 but didn't multiply by 2. I see, I multiplied all the bars out and got something like 59!! Must have done something wrong, but apart from that I think the rest of the paper was easy!
Reply 3
I put 12 for the answer, but they probably don't know how I got that..
my working out was for 6 runners, then I multiplied by 2 without giving them the reason why..lol
Hey everyone...

so I done this exam today...how did you all find it? Did you think it was harder/the same/easier than usual?

For the histogram did you guys get 12 runners??? Please tell me you got 12 runners 'cause that's like 5 marks!!!

erm...what else? Anyone remember the questions and what answers they put???

post here...
Reply 5
I was thinking because it was 5 marks there must be something more to the question but I didn't realise what to do :frown:
Reply 6
I already started a thread on this lol!! And it was 12 runners, I stupidly put 6!
Reply 7
i put 6 to begin with, then changed it to 26 :/ .... i know a few people who got 14 as their answer.
Reply 8
That question was kind of stupid. I've never come across a histogram question like that in any exam or in any textbook
yeah I got 12 runners as well - but I only got it right when I came back to it after completing the rest of the paper...

What did you guys get for the other questions??? I can't remember them but I'm sure I'll recognise the answers when I see them (If I got the same ones) :eek:
Reply 10
For that normal distribution one, where it asked what is the standard deviation I got something like 11.9
Reply 11
I just realised how I should've worked that out.. argh...
you do the sum of (class width x f.d), and cuz n=140 people and the answer to
Sum of (c.w x f.d) = 70, you had to multiply your answer by 2 as well..
i though Q6 was the hardest out of all of them, the normal distribution, i didn't even click it was normal distribution even though it sed in the question =O ........ the rest of it was quite fair tho, the PMCC etc was easy, however, i've realised i've probably got that wrong as well because i forgot to order the data.
Reply 13
Fairy_Pop
i though Q6 was the hardest out of all of them, the normal distribution, i didn't even click it was normal distribution even though it sed in the question =O ........ the rest of it was quite fair tho, the PMCC etc was easy, however, i've realised i've probably got that wrong as well because i forgot to order the data.

yeah me too, I didn't realise it was normal distribution either...
Hey Arsenal fan I got 11.9 for the standard deviation on the pop-corn question too!!! (i liked that question)...what did you get for the probability of the complaint??? I can't remember my value but it was some low probability...
Reply 15
Fairy_Pop

Which question did we have to order the data? I ordered the data in that cigarettes a day question for each patient but I don't think I ordered any other data
Reply 16
does anyone remember how many marks Q6 and Q7 totalled up to?
Reply 17
TaChYcArDiA
Hey Arsenal fan I got 11.9 for the standard deviation on the pop-corn question too!!! (i liked that question)...what did you get for the probability of the complaint??? I can't remember my value but it was some low probability...

Yh, I got some really low number as well, but I can't remember what one it was. But if we got the standard deviation right I'm sure that part c) would be right as well
the venn diagram, did everyone get 1 as the leftover inside the box i.e 1 person didn't drink any of the three wines.
Reply 19
Fairy_Pop
the venn diagram, did everyone get 1 as the leftover inside the box i.e 1 person didn't drink any of the three wines.

Yh, I got 1 as the leftover and 90 in the middle etc

Latest

Trending

Trending