The Student Room Group

Meta-Morphose

So I've applied to this job- a Barclays trainee assistant manager role.

And I've got a reply back from this company called meta morphose- they do graduate and Graduate calibre sales training apparently, and it was them who advertised this job.

I have to admit I'm interested, and have gone so far to get booked in at the assessment centre. The thing is, I don't know anything about the company, and I'm a little wary of it all as it is a *long* way to go... (Bracknell- Gloucester!)

Does anyone have any experience with this company? It sounds like a fantastic opportunity- they train you up, and look after you for a year after you "graduate" your marketing and sales diploma... They have jobs all over the country as well, so it could be brilliant.

My spidey sense is tingling and I'm a little concerned. I guess if it seems too good to be true then it probably is.

Plus, they asked me to call back and it turns out I was phoning for a interview :O At no point was this mentioned during their "Hi this is sarah from meta morphose, could you give me a ring back on 0870 --- ----" !! Like, really!?!

So, has anyone on here had any experience with this company and what they do??
They look a bit like Paretolaw.co.uk, which received a serious slagging on the old hobsons message boards until it was deleted, and is full of staff full of bull***** imho, but if you like the job description and don't think you'll get shafted then, why not? Be careful though...
Reply 2
What was the slagging about? I have to say that the websites for both look very similiar...
Yeah they look the same don't they. The people on the old hobsons forum, which recently got a facelift, said:

- You had to dress-up at the interview in animal costumes and make a tv advert. Honest.
- If it's fieldsales or brokering they make you drive all over the place. Not fun, I know.

I saw them do a presentation at some careers fair a couple of years ago in Earls Court. They never actually talked about what you would be doing. Just what you would be buying with your money. And always kept on saying "hit the ground running", which made them look like they didn't have much to say.

Mete-Morphose's slogan is "Where attitude is more important than aptitude", which to me might suggest that their roles might not bementally stimulating and therefore not very interesting.

Are you not going to finish your degree?
Reply 4
No. I've not been in uni for a year now, I know I need to update my sig but never seem to get around to it... Lol.

My problem is that I have the brains but really hated uni because I found it too "slow"- not enough work/variation/real life stuff and didn't keep my interest etc, particularly with the course I was doing.

That's kinda why I like the sound of this company- so many avenues are closed to me because I don't have a degree it's quite nice when one company appear to look further than that.

I think I'm going to go to the assesment date, after all what have I got to lose?

If I don't like the sound of it all I can hoof it. Even if it's a bit ****e I can get the qual and the experience which would look good on my CV.

Driving around all over the place would beat the place I'm working now, anyway.

Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it.
Yeah. You'll find out if it's for you as soon as you arrive. Barclays is a good company with a great brand name. I would go if I were you....and arrive with a mentally prepared list of interview answers and rebuttals. You should be able to save up some money too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending