The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
If I were you I'd go York :biggrin:, but maybe I'm biased.
University of York
York
Reply 41
_Mazza_
Might be joining you the way my exams have been going.

Yer ideally I would be doing Economics but I wouldnt get the AAB without some major work so I thought id go for the ABFM. Hopfully will be a decent course.
depending on how many ppl are on the course, you MAY be able to switch to Economics when you get there
Reply 43
_Mazza_
If I were you I'd go York :biggrin:, but maybe I'm biased.

Hehe, I bet you are, aren't you?

On a more serious note though, were I to get an offer from St. Andrews I'd have to think long and hard it. But as things are looking now, York's definitely my firm.

It would be awesome, I already know which societies I'd join. And the course is near to perfect for me. And the atmosphere seems to suit me like a glove. And York seems to be such a wonderful little city, so I know I'd like it there.

Why are they so quiet, though? I want e-mails, brochures and invitations to open days!
Reply 44
Mrmm... they are slightly quiet... but I prefer it that way!! Birmingham inundated me with e-mails (Welcome to VIP Brum, Happy New Year, yadda yadda) the minute they gave me an offer. Luckily it's abated, but it was intensely irritating...

Tx
TrishS
Mrmm... they are slightly quiet... but I prefer it that way!! Birmingham inundated me with e-mails (Welcome to VIP Brum, Happy New Year, yadda yadda) the minute they gave me an offer. Luckily it's abated, but it was intensely irritating...

Tx

Did you get one today? I did. Birmingham are like a stalker.
TrishS

Tx

Birmingham gave me an offer in the 2007 entry cycle-i turned them down.

They STILL email telling me about news at Birmingham!
Reply 47
Good grief!! This is a clear conspiracy to introduce a bubbling fester of BrumRot into the subconcious of unsuspecting students who have chosen a supirior university... ;-).

No, I didn't get one - thankfully, as I get excited when I get e-mails! It's been all quiet on the Brumingham Front since I turned them down...

Thank god this time round I don't need an insurance...

Anyone going to an open afternoon on the 13th for any subject?

Tx
Reply 48
Anyone thought about what accommodation to put down for? I know its a long way off, having to wait til september I think its abit silly really.
Reply 49
Not a clue, to be honest - they look to be much of a muchness in so far as they're all self catered...
I'd quite like to be somewhere with *some* architectural merit but that might be asking a wee bit much... In which case, where's modern, nice, mixed sex, and with an ensuite...? :wink:

On another note, I wish I could get my accommodation sorted now. I go travelling in April and don't return until early September so a little more information before then would be very useful!! I'm not sure I can entrust such important things to the Beloved Parents...

Tx
Reply 50
Fair enough, Yer ideally id like en-suite. And im planning on taking my car and theres only one college that has parking, Halifax. Im not sure if there is a way you can get a permit to park on campus? I know its pay and display except for weekends.
Reply 51
I think you can only get on if you're disabled/some other reason you must have a car.

I'd kill to take my car to Uni, but £35 for a tank of pretrol prohibits that somewhat!!

Tx
You honestly don't need a car in your first year, as everything is in walking distance (or bus if you cba), and as for heavy food shopping - Asda/Tesco online is a great friend :smile:
Reply 53
xKTx
You honestly don't need a car in your first year, as everything is in walking distance (or bus if you cba), and as for heavy food shopping - Asda/Tesco online is a great friend :smile:

Tesco online :biggrin:

That's how I'll be getting my food.
yea, snap! sounds just so much easier.
woo, going to sunny york tomorrow for visit day :smile:
Reply 55
York is my firm choice for economics (L100).. though now I have to work really hard to get the AAB!! Excited now :biggrin:
I'm off on the 13th, for economics.
When do we apply for the accomodation?Do they send us a pack or something?:redface:
Reply 57
Apparently so - for gappers, in July time, and for U6ths - August.

I got a confirmation letter through from UCAS today, confirming my change of course... to Economics (L100). What? Being a PPE'er (L0V0), this is slightly concerning!! I see e-mails ahoy..

13th! Yay...! I can guess who you are - some sort of Miss Sunshine badge might be in order?

Tx
Haha, yeah i'll try and get a badge! If anyone wants to talk on msn or anything feel free to message me.:biggrin:
Ucas sent me a letter saying a change of uni choices, I rang them, got sorted out really fast, but it was strange..
MrsSunshine
I'm off on the 13th, for economics.
When do we apply for the accomodation?Do they send us a pack or something?:redface:

they send you a pack once you get your results and they confirm your place :smile: it was great for me cos it arrived before I got them, so my mum opened it on the phone to me and I found out I had been accepted before I knew my grades, so it was a great weight off my shoulders :smile:

Latest