York

Scroll to see replies

I just firmed York (conditional), after visiting last week, woop! :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 81
Decided 100% now =]
Reply 82
Right, I've edited the list in the first post so it should be up to date now.

I'm just back from the PPE visit day - and I loved it!! Very excited now. Research on plates and such like from Ikea will now follow...

Tx
Reply 83
TrishS

I'm just back from the PPE visit day - and I loved it!! Very excited now. Research on plates and such like from Ikea will now follow...

Tx

Awww, I hope they let me switch lol.
TrishS
Research on plates and such like from Ikea will now follow...

Tx

hurrah!
Ikea uni trips=so much fun.

the hysteria got to me a bit and i tied one of those paper tape measures round my head :smile: i'm cool like that
TrishS

Tx

Plates/dishes/everything for 19p, can't beat it :wink:
Reply 86
slugonamission
Plates/dishes/everything for 19p, can't beat it :wink:

lol everyone in York will have the same cutlery, we'll be getting mixed up.

I'm definitely getting a £2.99 wok and the 5 piece untensil set for £1.99
if anyone else buys a purple vegetable peeler i will cry

i higher recommend the milk frother
and £1.99 storage boxes:smile:
Reply 88
miss_sparkles88
if anyone else buys a purple vegetable peeler i will cry

i higher recommend the milk frother
and £1.99 storage boxes:smile:

lol, if we all end up in the same block it's going to be a nightmare.
Reply 89
I had my eye on the 19p everything...
I might set about mine with some ceramic paint before hitting York. Otherwise serious confusion will ensue...
I can picture it now... "Ohhh, look at him. Clearly here on Daddy's money, (s)he's got the £1.99 each Ikea plates"

I like the soft furnishings and storage boxes....
Reply 90
TrishS
I had my eye on the 19p everything...
I might set about mine with some ceramic paint before hitting York. Otherwise serious confusion will ensue...
I can picture it now... "Ohhh, look at him. Clearly here on Daddy's money, (s)he's got the £1.99 each Ikea plates"

I like the soft furnishings and storage boxes....

lol, I might overdraw on my account and buy Denby China from Debenhams like my Gran to show off and pretend I come from a well off family. :biggrin:
i have Laurence Llewellyn Bowen mugs-they're pretty fantastic.

Mazza if you have Denby china i am expecting a dinner party invitation
Reply 92
miss_sparkles88
i have Laurence Llewellyn Bowen mugs-they're pretty fantastic.

Mazza if you have Denby china i am expecting a dinner party invitation

Woahhh, I can't have any old riff raff using my best china :wink:
_Mazza_
Woahhh, I can't have any old riff raff using my best china :wink:

Riff-raff?!?!

fine! even though i make the greatest roast potatos in the whole entire world. Go on,try and make an amazing Sunday dinner with your Denby crockery without me! Go on,i dare ya!

:P
Reply 94
miss_sparkles88
Riff-raff?!?!

fine! even though i make the greatest roast potatos in the whole entire world. Go on,try and make an amazing Sunday dinner with your Denby crockery without me! Go on,i dare ya!

:P

Well I do like Roast Potatoes, hmmmmm, I've changed my mind, you can come over lol.
Been rejected from all my other choices now. YORK HERE I COME!! I'm kinda glad, York seems to be the ideal uni for me. I've already been listening to York uni radio.
Reply 96
billyboymccoy
Been rejected from all my other choices now. YORK HERE I COME!! I'm kinda glad, York seems to be the ideal uni for me. I've already been listening to York uni radio.

Oh so you decide to come when nowhere else wants you, charming!

Only joking, what course are you going to study?
Reply 97
Lmao... I can cook a pretty darned good Sunday roast.

My Dad is actually threatning to send me to Uni with the remains of the denby service they got as a wedidng present. I wouldn't mind, if only it wasn't so utterly hideous that it was discontinued in the seventies. Too tasteless, even, for then.

What I really want is Emma Bridgewater...
_Mazza_
Oh so you decide to come when nowhere else wants you, charming!

Only joking, what course are you going to study?

haha York was always the one i wanted to go to though.

Economics is the course. The only worry i have is my mum went to york uni to do politics and economics, so did all her drunken friends... So there bound to turn up and go around reminiscing. They've already said they'll write angry letters if i'm not in alcuin.

I keep listening to URY and reading NOUSE , can't say i did that with any of the other unis i looked at.
I am thinking we need to seriously consider a TSR Sunday Roast during Fresher's.

I'm going to Ikea tomorrow actually - will have to exercise some self control or i fear i will come back with lemon juicers, another rug and more wine glasses

Latest

Trending

Trending