The Student Room Group

dental materials interview!!

Hiya. I have been interested in studying for dentistry, however, due to the high competion in gaining a place to study this course, I decided to apply for dental hygiene and therapy instead. And then, like many, go on to apply for dentistry as a postgraduate. The problem is, I only had four choices on my ucas, so I had to put an additional course which was 'Dental Materials' at Queen Marys. I have now been called for an interview and have NO IDEA what it will be like. I am absolutely clueless. I dont even know what sort of questions they will be asking! Has anyone got an idea? Any help at all is appreciated. Many thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
vTRouBLedGal
Hiya. I have been interested in studying for dentistry, however, due to the high competion in gaining a place to study this course, I decided to apply for dental hygiene and therapy instead. And then, like many, go on to apply for dentistry as a postgraduate. The problem is, I only had four choices on my ucas, so I had to put an additional course which was 'Dental Materials' at Queen Marys. I have now been called for an interview and have NO IDEA what it will be like. I am absolutely clueless. I dont even know what sort of questions they will be asking! Has anyone got an idea? Any help at all is appreciated. Many thanks in advance :smile:
you'd be best of posting this in the dentistry forum!
Reply 2
vTRouBLedGal

Hi i had an interview a QMUL for dental materials and i am in the same boat as u. the kinda things they asked me was why dental materials and what are your future plans, oh and something you may want to read up on my interviewer asked me what my favourite dental material was and why, luckily i had read up about this before hand. tbh i my interviewer was more interested to hear that i had a responce rather than wot i actually sed minds u i got an offer i hope that helped.
you sed you applied for dental hygiene as well i have an interview at bham on thursday any tips?

From Amun

Latest