The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
18, i think
You can do it with parental permission over 16 or 17 can't you?

Or am I making that up?
Reply 3
Reply 4
18.. not sure I'd wanna go anywhere who did it for an under 18, as if they have no problems breaking that law, how thorough are they gonna be in sanitizing equipment etc
Reply 5
Is it definitely 18- no exceptions? Or could i get it done now if my Mum was ok with it?
Reply 6
if think its definitely 18 in the UK. parental consent doesn't work.
why not go on holiday somewhere you can get it done at 16:biggrin:
Reply 7
Thanks anyway for the clarification. Perhaps some fake ID/ waiting is in order!

but if you look old enough they'll do it without ID!
I was 17 when I got mine done, and I wasn't asked for ID. (Even though I didn't even look 18 or anything!)
18 like people said, but most places don't ask for id and do it much younger.
18, no exceptions. I had my first one when I was 16, and my second when I was 17. This was a few years ago though... so for all I know, they could be a bit stricter about ID these days...
Reply 12
Go to that 'Miami Ink' place they show on TV :p:
Reply 13
its 18. otherwise it is child abuse. no joke. your parents and the person who did the tattoo can be arrested for child abuse. you could have two kids and be married and be able to drive, but getting a tattoo is child abuse. stupid government.
Reply 14
To quote from 'Police Review; The Beat Officer's Companion':
It is an offence to tattoo a person under the age of 18 years except for medical reasons by a medical practitioner or by a person working under his direction. But it is a defence to show that there was reasonable cause to believe that the person was 18 or over and he did in fact so believe.

So a decent fake ID is alright :p: :smile:
Do those tatoos that stay for a few days count? they were the ones you put on your hand, pour water over and done :smile:
Reply 16
only permanent ones as far as I know.. to be fair like most have said, most places wont ask unless you look 12..
brimstone
To quote from 'Police Review; The Beat Officer's Companion':

So a decent fake ID is alright :p: :smile:

Haha Medical reasons? Lol What medical reasons could there be for needing to have a tattoo? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 18
If you had a really contagious disease and needed to have a warning tatooed on your forehead. I think that would probs qualify.
tomoli
If you had a really contagious disease and needed to have a warning tatooed on your forehead. I think that would probs qualify.

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending