The Student Room Group

Studying Business or Management in the future without maths, help!

I want to keep my options open and i always have a thing for business and management. The problem is that i don't do AL Maths. I got B in IGCSE Maths and i think its a mistake i didn't take maths as many courses require it. Now that i am in yr 13 there isn't time to go back and redo it. What are the options in the future if i do decide i want an MBA? Is there some Math courses in the uni i can take in undergrad or what? Is there a math qualification else where?
whoa. My maths is hideous, but all I needed was GCSE, and everywhere else all i needed was GCSE. I dont think A Level maths is a major factor in the business degrees. I mean, it's not like you are going to need to be mint at algebra or triganometry. If you came across a course asking for preferably Alevel maths, then i would still apply.
Reply 2
A lot a statistical tools are used, but you'll be taught everything you need to know
I am probably the worse person at Maths ever........lol....no really,its not a necessity,a B in GCSE is fine,but when i was applying to uni's i saw some wanted A's for maths at gcse or a AS level,but those were more economics orientated degrees.
Reply 4
I know GCSE satisfy most requirements but i am talking about MBA. Isn't that more math based and require higher level maths? Also i am considering top/second tier schools so they will be more competitive if i choose to pursue it. Its just not realistic for me to do maths at AL now but i think i need something similar.
Reply 5
i havent done maths a level and got b at gcse. Im doing philosophy logic and scientific method and i wish i had taken maths. i would advise studying maths in the hols just to get you up to scratch as i will be doing. most of the better paid management jobs seem to require numaracy skills
Reply 6
Hello there. I honestly wouldn't worry about it. My brother got a D in IGCSE maths, and then did GCSE maths as a retake and got a B (so maths isn't his strong point). He applied for business at a number of good unis (Manchester, Bath, Sheffield) got into all of them and went to Sheffield, where he graduated with a high 2.1. For businesss it really doesn't seem that maths is all that important. As far as an MBA is concerned, I'm not sure. I can't imagine you need to be amazing at maths, with calculators and all!
Reply 7
Hello to you too, i am not really worried about actually doing maths in uni but just that some unis are anal and set maths as entry requirement. I would assume there is such requirement in graduate studies like MBA which sucks!

Latest