The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i used the guardian, however i also spoke to my pe teacher, asked what he thought as he knew more then me and as i want to become a pe teacher, i needed to know what would look good for me in the future...So in short yeah use some rankings, however get an opinion off someone already in the industry and see what they think,, where they think is good to do your course :smile:
Daily Mail.

:P

The rankings, I find, are not a good way to judge a uni. It's all up to personal choice.
El Doctoré de Mystéro
Fair play, obviously money and what uni does your course are also a factor. I'm not saying you only use the tables, I just think if you're taking maths in England for example it's silly to ignore a source of information as comprehensive as these tables when deciding your uni.

Yeah. I don't dispute that the tables are a resource that can be used, I just think it's not a resource that should be the be all and end all when applying to university. But if you can get a 'taste' of the universities you have applied for then you are able to better understand how it operates and how you can 'click' into a particular institution's methods of teaching. Even if it only involves a day trip to the university in question to sit-in on a lecture it's better than having to rely on extremely subjective, and in some cases, biased tables. :cool:
the unistats.com website seems good. use that :smile:
Reply 24
Out of The Guardian and The Times, I'd definitely say The Times without a doubt... however I don't think you should concentrate too much on league tables, as it's also important to speak to those who actually go to that university, go there yourself to get a feel for it, and look at the structure of your course as even if it's a top university, if you don't think you'll enjoy the content, then there's no point in going there.

Also I think Unistats is a good website to have a look at...

Latest

Trending

Trending