The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scandinavian Studies

Scroll to see replies

People have realized that the holidays won't last forever and are out living it up...or they're working.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 101
I'm sort of around, when I'm not studying and crying over my dissertation.
Reply 102
I'm just checking ho got in for Scandinavan Studies this year...
It's a really good dept. with cool people, also lots of people from other programs taking a Scandinavian language as part of their program sort of belong in the dept. too. You'll love it.
I'm still here too.
Reply 105
thats good :wink:
Reply 106
Mumintroll
I'm still here too.

We is going to rule the world, I tells ye!

Do you have a beard?
No, no beard here.
So, is it just the 3 of us who are new to this Scan Studies malarkey? I wonder who else is hiding out there in the wider world.
Reply 108
Looks like tis just 3, unless there are any lurkers?
I did get friend requested on Facciabook this morning by someone, with the message 'Woop...Scandinavian at Edinburgh?', not entirely sure how she found me/knew what course I'm doing/why she thought I was going to Edinburgh. Tis slightly bizzare. :s-smilie:

C-
Reply 109
Haha, the department is asking for mentors from the higher up students for you first years... I am tempted to apply for the sheer craic.
Reply 110
good idea :wink: you should do it :wink:
Reply 111
klika89
good idea :wink: you should do it :wink:

What if I'm a ****e mentor? :puppyeyes:
Reply 112
u would never know it before trying
Mentors, eh. Hmm.

(That was a pointless post, I know).
Reply 114
:woo:

If anything, it'll allow me to scare you all. :biggrin:
Reply 115
Speaking of which, anyone know when the Introduction Meeting for you Freshers is?
Nej, tyvärr. Not received anything about arrival as yet. I suppose it will be along soon.
Reply 117
Mumintroll
Nej, tyvärr. Not received anything about arrival as yet. I suppose it will be along soon.

UCL is so disorganised.
Reply 118
Hello all you scandophiles. I'm applying this year for Scan studies & art history, it says they would like History A level, do any of you know how strict are they about that? I'm doing English lit, Religion & philosophy, art and spanish for A level...
Reply 119
tigertrap
Hello all you scandophiles. I'm applying this year for Scan studies & art history, it says they would like History A level, do any of you know how strict are they about that? I'm doing English lit, Religion & philosophy, art and spanish for A level...

I'm assuming they'd be very strict on it, if they were to publish it in the prospectus, probably more for the Art, though. Try emailing them and see what they say? I don't know who is currently in charge with applications, but everyone in the department is lovely, like, so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending