The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scandinavian Studies

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
I can scan in a copy and post it here if you want?

C-
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 141
Mumintroll
The department information arrived today. The orientation meeting is on the Monday of the start of term in the afternoon and is followed by the welcome party, which apparently features you.

What do you mean, it "apparently features" me? I have been told nothing of such things, though I will of course crash it even if I haven't been invited. This much beard just begs to be shared around.

What time, though, people, time?! I need to know so I can play my day in advance.

New reading list, what the ****?!
Reply 142
Dept orientation thing at 2 then after that we're invited to stay for a "Welcome party, where you will have the chance to meet other members of staff and students in the department".

They sent a new amended reading list, some of the same stuff, some new stuff, some of the stuff on the previous list has been taken off.

C-
Reply 143
Meg_Lili
Dept orientation thing at 2 then after that we're invited to stay for a "Welcome party, where you will have the chance to meet other members of staff and students in the department".

They sent a new amended reading list, some of the same stuff, some new stuff, some of the stuff on the previous list has been taken off.

C-

You realise, you rock right? :flutter:

Ooooh, what all did they take off and what have they added? This could be interestings.
Reply 144
Yup :biggrin:

I'll scan my copy of the new list in. Cba to type it up.
Uno momento per favor.

C-
Reply 145
Reply 146
God damnsit, Mary Hilson has her book there. Cheeky biatch!
Reply 147
Can't really blame her for taking the opportunity for a bit of free publicity! 'Specially when her book (along with most of them really. Bar 'The bible' perhaps) falls under what might politely be termed a 'minority interest' catagory.

C-
Reply 148
Meg_Lili
Can't really blame her for taking the opportunity for a bit of free publicity! 'Specially when her book (along with most of them really. Bar 'The bible' perhaps) falls under what might politely be termed a 'minority interest' catagory.

C-

This is true, but I don't even see the linguistic book three teachers from the Department wrote together.

Mary is Head of the Department at the moment, though, so. Lovely woman, has an awful boring subject, however.
Hylean
What do you mean, it "apparently features" me? I have been told nothing of such things, though I will of course crash it even if I haven't been invited. This much beard just begs to be shared around.

What time, though, people, time?! I need to know so I can play my day in advance.

New reading list, what the ****?!

Hmm, ok, not you solely. The other students of the department, allegedly.

The welcome party is said to start following the 'orientation meeting' which starts at 14.00. So, whenever that ends.

Hylean
This is true, but I don't even see the linguistic book three teachers from the Department wrote together.

Mary is Head of the Department at the moment, though, so. Lovely woman, has an awful boring subject, however.

:no: I like her subject. It was her book I was referring to above. I was going to buy it anyway. And now I shall definitely do just that.

To be fair, my SSEES history reading list wins hands down on the self-promotion of faculty books. I'm not sure there's more then a couple of texts on it that aren't written by SSEES faculty.
Reply 150
Mumintroll
Hmm, ok, not you solely. The other students of the department, allegedly.

The welcome party is said to start following the 'orientation meeting' which starts at 14.00. So, whenever that ends.

:no: I like her subject. It was her book I was referring to above. I was going to buy it anyway. And now I shall definitely do just that.

To be fair, my SSEES history reading list wins hands down on the self-promotion of faculty books. I'm not sure there's more then a couple of texts on it that aren't written by SSEES faculty.

I'll be there, like a hawk! I'm sorry, though, but industrialisation and women's rights just don't interest me as a history subject. Far too many numbers and stats for my liking.

Oh, and politics is always a dodgy subject with me. Hate talking about it for obvious reasons.
Familjen at The Old Blue Last (Shoreditch), Thursday 18/9, 20.00
Tickets 6.50 pounds.
Anyone? (I find it unlikely; but don't ask, don't know).
Reply 152
Dude, that's the night of the drinkies!
Reply 153
You mean this one that I'm going to. Which is on the 17th..?
Reply 154
james s
You mean this one that I'm going to. Which is on the 17th..?

Nooooo, there are other drinkies!
Hylean
Nooooo, there are other drinkies!

Interesting. On the 18th? Tell me more.
Reply 156
one stupid question: any idea when the first lectures are? already on 22nd or later?
Reply 157
klika89
one stupid question: any idea when the first lectures are? already on 22nd or later?

Lectures won't begin until the 27th. The first week of term is purely freshers week, designed to allow you all to get used to the place, your department and the crazies, ie me. :biggrin:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Reply 158
great
Hi, I'm interested in going in for Scandinavian Studies (probably Norwegian/icelandic) in September 2010, and I'd lvoe to get some background work, sinceall I've read is a book of Norse Myths, the Prose Edda, and a couple of Danish/Sweish/Norwegian novels.

Do any of you still have your book lists 'cause I'd be really interested in having a look?

Also, any suggestions of books or films or magazines would be fantastic!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending