Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Research into Copper (II) Sulphate as an Enzyme Inhibitor

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to do as much detailed research into copper (II) sulphate as an enzyme inhibitor as possible, as my AS coursework investigates the effects and I want to explain in as much detail as I can.

However, there's nothing in my textbook as it's not part of the syllabus for the exams. I've looked online and found almost nothing.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any books that might be of any use. The school library has quite a wide variety of biology textbooks, but I thought it would be helpful if there were any I should look for in particular, so I could narrow down my search.

Thanks in advance.

Kitty
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The ion, Cu2+, is a heavy metal metal ion. It acts as a non-active site directed inhibitor. Instead of researching the specific effect of copper ions, find out about heavy metal ions as enzyme inhibitors - which will be in your text book (as it should be in your syllabus).

Hope that helps
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

I did find a bit about heavy metal ions as inhibitors.

Have you any advice on what statistical methods to use when analysing my results? I have used the standard deviation to show reliability of each set of results, and I am trying to calculate the rate, but I don't know how to calculate the rate when the concn is 0.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me the method for : Effect of copper sulphate on a solution of amylase and starch using iodine. please help

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 2, 2008
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.